Arbroath vs Raith Rovers

8 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

In reality, that was grim.  A terrible game.  However, we learned our lesson from the game in February.  Played to draw or nick something,  and to be honest we were never I'm any danger of winning our losing that.   Turning defeats into draws is an unglamorous trait, but one necessary to be genuine title contenders. 

Arbroath were the more likely side in the end, but we were comfortable enough.  Big Nouble is a great player and all that, but Berra has absolutely dominated him.

Not pretty, but a good point.

You got put under a lot of pressure in the first half. One off your line after a minute, f**k knows how too by the way, then another scrambled off the line at the end. There was definitely danger of yous losing it. On Nouble, it was embarrassing, ref let anything go on him, spent the game in the arms of raith defenders

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You got put under a lot of pressure in the first half. One off your line after a minute, f**k knows how too by the way, then another scrambled off the line at the end. There was definitely danger of yous losing it. On Nouble, it was embarrassing, ref let anything go on him, spent the game in the arms of raith defenders

Was it off the line? I'll need to watch on highlights tomorrow but I thought Lang headed it clear in front of MacDonald. 

6 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Was it off the line? I'll need to watch on highlights tomorrow but I thought Lang headed it clear in front of MacDonald. 

I dunno if it was infront or behind MacDonald but I was right behind it and it would’ve went in. The guy ran back near enough full speed and managed to header it over the bar

7 minutes ago, Raithie said:

It wasn't off the line but your keeper was beaten

Just a wee reminder that when someone is saying stuff thats only intention is to get a rise out of folk, completely ignoring them is far and away the best way to annoy them. 

As for the game, absolutely dreadful, and the worst I’ve seen this season by a mile. 

Couldn’t get a great look at the McKenna challenge on Spencer, so maybe it wasn’t as bad as it looked, but I thought he got away with a pretty bad one at first viewing.

Maybe Brad said something about vaccinations being a sensible approach to easing symptoms during a pandemic and Mikey took umbrage, who knows? 

Anyway, take a point and let’s forget this ever happened. 

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I dunno if it was infront or behind MacDonald but I was right behind it and it would’ve went in. The guy ran back near enough full speed and managed to header it over the bar

I was trying to eat 2 pies at that time tbf.  I didn't see it, so it doesn't count.

1 minute ago, McGuigan1978 said:

As for the game, absolutely dreadful, and the worst I’ve seen this season by a mile.

Anyway, take a point and let’s forget this ever happened. 

One to forget indeed. Keep a clean sheet and you'll get a point. Minimum. It's all history now and no amount of "what ifs" will change anything. The record books have it as 0-0 with no reference to who did what, where or when. Time to start thinking about the next major challenge coming our way in a week's time.

2 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:
16 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:
You can see why Nouble will run riot against teams in this league but Berra and Lang did really well going toe to toe against him today.

They did a great job of continually fouling him and getting away with it. Different game if the ref wasn't useless.

And still there were 27 fouls. 13 us. 14 them. He was all over the place, absolutely stinking. Surely must’ve been because he was getting assessed or something, nerves getting to him or whatever or he tried too hard but the guy was absolutely stinking. Consistently inconsistent and wrong 

And still there were 27 fouls. 13 us. 14 them. He was all over the place, absolutely stinking. Surely must’ve been because he was getting assessed or something, nerves getting to him or whatever or he tried too hard but the guy was absolutely stinking. Consistently inconsistent and wrong 
Problem was he didn't go to ground with a groan and roll about. That seemed to be guaranteed a free kick today. Matthews at the Stewart booking rolling about like a fish out of water then jumps up and runs off when the yellow card comes out. Ref totally oblivious to it.

11 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:
24 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:
You can see why Nouble will run riot against teams in this league but Berra and Lang did really well going toe to toe against him today.

They did a great job of continually fouling him and getting away with it. Different game if the ref wasn't useless.

Love this 

What a bunch of moaning Minnie's. He was the referee for both sides in a game which is now irrelevant as it's done and finished and in the records as 0-0 with no reference to any other details such as who did what, when, or to the performance of a referee. If you think that he was the worst you've had then as someone else said... you've been well and truly spoilt this season. There's a lot worse hanging around out there.

Berra must have Maroon stained hands after that shift today. Fair play though if it's deemed ok by the officials no need to change how your defending.
I can only imagine your outrage when Colin Hamilton cynically dragged down Ethan Ross when he realised he had no chance of stopping him...

1 minute ago, embow said:

What a bunch of moaning Minnie's. He was the referee for both sides in a game which is now irrelevant as it's done and finished and in the records as 0-0 with no reference to any other details such as who did what, when, or to the performance of a referee. If you think that he was the worst you've had then as someone else said... you've been well and truly spoilt this season. There's a lot worse hanging around out there.

Really? 

3 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:
6 minutes ago, CALDERON said:
Love this 

Berra must have Maroon stained hands after that shift today. Fair play though if it's deemed ok by the officials no need to change how your defending.

Your whole shtick is a 40 yard diagonal ball then winning the second ball in the knock down. You can't seriously be complaining about another team getting physical?