Arbroath vs Raith Rovers

8 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Raith set up and played for a draw,

I can't believe the ref stopped the game while we were on the break at the end and brought it back for a free kick, could of dealt with it after the game stopped,

Yeah that was a strange one. I think if the Arbroath boy hadn't gotten involved in the afters he might have played on then.

Man, why are our officials so poor? Over officious, giving free kick for feck all on the one hand then nothing for obvious free kicks (e.g Dowds at the bye line) then let free kicks and throw ins be taken 10-20 yards away from where  they should. Totally ruined what should have been a good game. Because of his size and physicality, Nouble gets nothing even though he’s pushed and pulled all over the shop.

That decision near the end was unreal. Gold through on the wing with players driving into the box, the ref pulls it back for a free kick to US!! Deal with the players after the game stops ffs.

Also 6 bookings and not a bad challenge in the 90 minutes. Perhaps the one on McKenna in the first half but you could argue that was just slightly mistimed.

Edited by Tattie36

Wasn’t there today as I was working. Would have taken a point before hand. Always a tough place to go, yet our record there recently is rather good. Sir John was always gonna set us up with that kind of lineup today. Not the day for our usual flamboyant one touch passing…

Otherwise known as McGlynnball.

Edited by Wardy

9 minutes ago, renton said:

Uh huh.

The North Sea  was just a few yards away, they must've been practicing there pre match😁 Of course the hopeless ref was incapable of working it out. Arbroath edged and had probably deserved to win but not a lot in it.

Edited by keptie

In reality, that was grim.  A terrible game.  However, we learned our lesson from the game in February.  Played to draw or nick something,  and to be honest we were never I'm any danger of winning our losing that.   Turning defeats into draws is an unglamorous trait, but one necessary to be genuine title contenders. 

Arbroath were the more likely side in the end, but we were comfortable enough.  Big Nouble is a great player and all that, but Berra has absolutely dominated him.

Not pretty, but a good point.

4 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Funnily enough the Arbroath live stream spoke about today's game being shown in local nursing homes so guessing you've been let out your room for the day. 

Needs to go back ASAP, most teams have fanny posters but this guy 🤪

The frustrating thing is Nouble has always offered more of a threat when he peels down the left channel and his little flashes today also came down the left.

So why we basically put him up against Berra to manhandle him for most of the match, beats me.

No more Nouble and Donnelly upfront, please.