Hibs v Rangers Wednesday 1st December

2 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

If Porteous was as bad as people made out he wouldn’t have half the country on strings like he does.

Felt he was the best player on the park until the penalty award, which like others have said is 50/50, he pulls out and Kent is anticipating the contact, it’s a total dive but similar to the way Boyle does it and I can see why it was given and our referees really do love pointing at that penalty spot when the Queens XI are involved.

Very off brand, I know, but I kind of agree with what Ross said, we didn’t deserve to lose, it was a nothing game and it never really felt like Rangers were gonna score, I had a wee feeling the series of corners we had midway through the second half may come to something but it wasn’t to be.

Sure we’ll get a decision similar soon to even it up to the rage of some Pie and Bovril angry men, hopefully against Livingston as they really do hate it. 

Like I said earlier in the thread, we won the game between the teams that mattered.

I wouldn’t argue too much if folk said it should’ve been a draw, but the JDH interview when he said Hibs deserved to win the game raised an eyebrow. The probability of Rangers losing that game based on match events is very low, even without the penalty.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

First of all, Rangers didn't apply at all. The SFL had a vote about whether to admit them but there was no application involved. Second, they didn't enter under a new name. Every single club in Scottish football and every organisation in Scottish football treats them as the exact same club. You can debate whether or not they should do so, but on a purely factual basis they do.

Ok , by that,   we were possibly slightly misled  at our meeting . At the time The Spartans were applying to get in and as there was a space becoming available they would have been admitted.  However  we were informed that Rangers in whichever form were to take their place . We therefore assumed that they also would have  had to apply. This was of course pre-pyramid. 

Your interpretation suggests that Rangers didn't need to apply which shows a complete disregard of procedure from the SFL  (I actually thought it was the SPFL) .  This makes sense now as our members were also asked to pass a motion from the SFL/ SPFL to admit the club at level 2 as anything else would create an armageddon effect for Scottish football.

I think the main vote you mention was from member clubs after all clubs had discussed and decided which way they would vote based on the information given  out by the SFL/SPFL . I would therefore have assumed that indeed an application might have been lodged prior to the clubs voting . 

It was all rushed through very quickly as there was a desperation from Rangers to know what level of football they would be playing (if at all)  as all this was happening just before the Challenge cup and  League cup was due to begin.  Procedures therefore were probably not as they should have been especially with the mixed feelings of justice / injustice from both sides. 

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

I wouldn’t argue too much if folk said it should’ve been a draw, but the JDH interview when he said Hibs deserved to win the game raised an eyebrow. The probability of Rangers losing that game based on match events is very low, even without the penalty.

Yeah it was a nothing game, 0-0 would  have been a fair result, like I say, I felt that a break might have been coming but it wasn’t to be, we didn’t really threaten too much, few balls fizzed across the box and a couple of half chances were as good as it got.

2 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Yeah it was a nothing game, 0-0 would  have been a fair result, like I say, I felt that a break might have been coming but it wasn’t to be, we didn’t really threaten too much, few balls fizzed across the box and a couple of half chances were as good as it got.

Has to go down as one of the most boring Hibs - Rangers games in a while, that’s for sure. Rangers basically set up to limit Boyle by going 3v2 at the back at all times, but lacked a lot of pace and energy in the front six meaning that Hibs back five had it very comfortable.

30 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Hibs fans spent about 80 percent of the game staring at Rangers fans , 80 percent of their songs were about Rangers, their absolutely shocking attempt at a pre match display was even a dig at Rangers  😂

really strange and angry group of people 

I’m not sure if I’m being wooshed here but the irony of a rangers fan accusing another fanbase of being angry and strange is beyond comprehension.

2 minutes ago, St. Jude said:

I’m not sure if I’m being wooshed here but the irony of a rangers fan accusing another fanbase of being angry and strange is beyond comprehension.

Nothing in his post made a lot of sense.

It was the Incoherent babbling of a chimp that accessed the zoo laptop.

5 hours ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

Well I mean that's just not true is it? Juventus for example argue over the championships removed from them during the scandals. I'm sure if you ask any fan of any club they will know how many championships they've won and be proud of it.

Thats not the argument you think it is. There is a world of difference between knowing your club's history and constantly bleating on about it. I know how many cars I've bought in my life, but I dont feel the need to tell the guy at the traffic lights that this is car #4 and I'm thinking about car #5.

As for Juve, thats them trying to protect their history, much the same as Rangers do with the are you/arent you a new club or not. No one acting in good faith minds Rangers fans defending their history. But constantly going in about 55/56 or about manager number 17 is just bizarre behaviour.

3 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Thats not the argument you think it is. There is a world of difference between knowing your club's history and constantly bleating on about it. I know how many cars I've bought in my life, but I dont feel the need to tell the guy at the traffic lights that this is car #4 and I'm thinking about car #5.

As for Juve, thats them trying to protect their history, much the same as Rangers do with the are you/arent you a new club or not. No one acting in good faith minds Rangers fans defending their history. But constantly going in about 55/56 or about manager number 17 is just bizarre behaviour.

It's odd that you've chosen to criticise Rangers fans for something that Sky's commentary team said that triggered you.

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

It's odd that you've chosen to criticise Rangers fans for something that Sky's commentary team said that triggered you.

Are you saying it’s coincidence that they happened upon a statistic that is in line with the clubs PR approach and would also endear them to rangers fans? 

13 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

It’s more bizzare that you seem to let it obviously annoy you 😂

everytime I see one of your posts it’s usually a tears and snotters filled rant about this very subject 

Edited by Forever_blueco

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Are you saying it’s coincidence that they happened upon a statistic that is in line with the clubs PR approach and would also endear them to rangers fans? 

No, I'm saying it's odd to criticise someone for something someone else said.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Rangers fans have been going on about 55 for 18 months.

Indeed. However the whole back and forth started on this thread because someone took exception to Sky labelling Gio our 17th manager.

2 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I think they might have got that info off one or more of the Rangers groups on FB/twitter to be honest 

Rangers definitely used it in their press-release when Gio was announced as manager, no issues about that being criticised. I just think it's odd our fans are getting criticised for the Sky commentary team using it last night (and on Sunday).

Edited by AJF