Pundits! But Scottish

Genuine Hibs Fan

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Do you think his description was inaccurate?

This is where the ‘racism’ industry kind of backfires.

When we imagine a black person has to be downtrodden, uneducated and poor, we then find it hard to deal with a black person who is educated, wealthy and privileged.

Time we just started dealing with everyone on the same basis.

Just shows how stupid the whole BLM business was.

I think you’ve, unwittingly, made a decent point.

This is where the ‘racism’ industry kind of backfires.
When we imagine a black person has to be downtrodden, uneducated and poor, we then find it hard to deal with a black person who is educated, wealthy and privileged.
Time we just started dealing with everyone on the same basis.
I think you’ve, unwittingly, made a decent point.
The racism industry. Fuk me !!!

We could all see you were a raging bigot but you just can't help yourself can you ?

46 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Coconut, like Uncle Tom, is a massively loaded insult. It's one of those terms that when used by one black person on another it's hugely incendiary. The implication is that they are a traitor to their race and carries a whole lot of weight to it. It's not something to be used lightly by a white person.

I don't think it was "racist" per se, but it was certainly insensitive. 

That doesn't, of course, mean that it was inaccurate. 

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

You tell 'em DPB.

I mean, literally.

Next time there is a BLM march or protest, just show up and explain to them in your own unique way why they are all wrong and you are right. They'll all disperse off home. The police will probably carry you shoulder-high through the streets as a reward. It would be a public service.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

You tell 'em DPB.

I mean, literally.

Next time there is a BLM march or protest, just show up and explain to them in your own unique way why they are all wrong and you are right. They'll all disperse off home. The police will probably carry you shoulder-high through the streets as a reward. It would be a public service.

You’ll be pleased to hear that the English Premiership are doing another ‘taking the knee tomorrow’.

Great stuff!

4 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

You’ll be pleased to hear that the English Premiership are doing another ‘taking the knee tomorrow’.

Great stuff!

Good grief. I do hope there isn't a female commentator involved. Your wife will probably have an aneurysm. 

Great stuff!
When the Govt. has went down the route of following racist policies, maybe it's an idea to keep equality to the forefront in people's mind.
Unless of course you don't want to?

12 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Great stuff!

We have elected a far-right Government that is overtly racist. Protest is inevitable. Taking the knee is about as gentle a protest that one can do. And it still causes foaming at the mouth from some.

13 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

We have elected a far-right Government that is overtly racist. Protest is inevitable. Taking the knee is about as gentle a protest that one can do. And it still causes foaming at the mouth from some.

Far- right/racist.

This government has far more ministers from ethnic minorities than any other in history.

Taxes are higher than they’ve been for decades.

Public expenditure is higher than its been for decades.

I think you’re  joking.

5 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Far- right/racist.

This government has far more ministers from ethnic minorities than any other in history.

Taxes are higher than they’ve been for decades.

Public expenditure is higher than its been for decades.

I think you’re  joking.

Yes, it is far right. Making the rich richer and the poor poorer by design is far right. All we have had from Truss is a mini-budget. she hasn't even started on her slash and burn policies yet.

The policy of sending refugees to Rwanda is racist, regardless of the colour of the skin of the home secretaries who implement it.

Even before now we had the Home Office sending "Go Home" vans around the streets.

As for the tax burden and spending - since 2020 we have had Brexit, furlough and now the energy package. Spending went up massively, as did government debt. Income went down. Taxes were raised to try to meet this. Before this the tax burden was relatively stable.

5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Yes. Because black people are entitled to be horrible Tory c***s and look out for themselves and pull up the ladder the same as everyone else.

To suggest otherwise is racist.

It's been a failure of the left over generations to speak to communities in terms in which the left see them and not how they see themselves.

I remember speaking to a man of Pakistani heritage about it where he complained that the left saw him as oppressed and downtrodden where he saw himself as one of the most entrepreneurial, value of hard work, socially conservative communities going.

8 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Yes. Because black people are entitled to be horrible Tory c***s and look out for themselves and pull up the ladder the same as everyone else.

It's been a failure of the left over generations to speak to communities in terms in which the left see them and not how they see themselves.

I remember speaking to a man of Pakistani heritage about it where he complained that the left saw him as oppressed and downtrodden where he saw himself as one of the most entrepreneurial, value of hard work, socially conservative communities going.

Never thought I’d agree with you but, yes, you’re spot on.

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

He wasn’t talking about black people he was talking about people that Liz Truss had appointed to her cabinet.  Wasn’t he?