Raith Rovers v Kilmarnock - 11/12/21

4 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Have to say, I really hope Raith TV keep the pitch side camera. Motherwell have folk on the pitch immediately after games with cameras and it really adds a rawness to the footage. It's perfect for stuff lime the penalty incident yesterday, where it clears up beyond doubt that (and I can't believe I'm saying this) that Collum got the call spot on. 

We were fortunate enough yesterday to have a larger amount of volunteer support which meant we could try something out that we’d wanted to do for a while. Not sure if it’ll be an every game type of thing, depends on availability. 

He appears to be desperately trying to hang on to his job and it's everyone's fault but his own. I've watched the video and I was right behind the incident when it happened on both occasions I thought it was a clear penalty the players arms are outstretched away from his body. A soft penalty yes but all the same it was a penalty.

I thought in his post match JmcG came over like he was protecting Wright a bit, Killie weren't very good but they were probably still a bit a unlucky too and as a guy who's been sacked himself he maybe had a whiff of Wright getting the boot after the result.  No doubt after seeing the pen decision back and knowing what Wright's patter's been like post-match he's maybe felt like dialling that back a wee bit after all.

I hadn't been in a long while and I'd forgotten what a buzz it is after a result like that, with a proper decent group and a united front like we have just now.  Wanted to go back again today.

Defending our box that much and keeping that much possession in the back third there's always going to be a lapse eventually - nothing costly today and it's a great one to win against rivals at the top.  We'll probably lose a game or that we're more dominant in than we were here, and the possession at the back will cost a goal or two, but I wouldn't change it.  Just got to recognise when QOS or whoever inevitably mug us that we've had days like this as well, and on balance thing are good.

Rarely seen a player happier than Tumilty when Whigfield came on

3 hours ago, Beachbum said:

"The Raith players aren't really appealing for it"

??

I count 3 at least that appeal straight away. The guy's an erse!

2 hours ago, pub car king said:

Out of interest how fucked are killie if they don't bounce straight back up?

I’m sure the parachute payment is £1.25 mill for being relegated. That will have sorted out this season so if they don’t go up it’ll be wholesale squad changes unless funds come in from elsewhere.

You either bounce back up like Hearts or you become 2nd or 3rd favourites to the next relegated SPL side. Tough league to get out of when very little between most sides.