Falkirk v Cove - 11.12.21

Sheerinball, Miller, Hetherington & Gary Holt being loaded in to the trebuchet as we speak 

Martin

Williamson Hall Dixon McCann

Morrison Telfer Nesbitt McGuffie

Ruth Keena

Subs: Mutch, McKay, Lemon, Krasniqi, Ross, McDaid, Ompreon 

It will be a glorious new dawn

2-0 Falkirk (Morrison, Keena)

Crowd: 3,855

Hartley to receive much abuse 

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Sheerinball, Miller, Hetherington & Gary Holt being loaded in to the trebuchet as we speak 

Martin

Williamson Hall Dixon McCann

Morrison Telfer Nesbitt McGuffie

Ruth Keena

Subs: Mutch, McKay, Lemon, Krasniqi, Ross, McDaid, Ompreon 

It will be a glorious new dawn

2-0 Falkirk (Morrison, Keena)

Crowd: 3,855

Hartley to receive much abuse 

Well, who's not been paying attention then? Mutch is another few weeks away as is McKay I believe.

Still think our best formation is 3-5-2 as both Williamson and McCann would be dangerous for us. Hall, Dixon & Lemon at the back. Krasniqi as a sitting midfielder and Morrison up beside Keena. McGuffie and Ruth on the bench.

Said it on our main thread be interesting to see what changes Grainger will make to the team/line up.

Agreed with a shout for 352 to utilise Williamson/McCann but the rest of the defence doesn’t look great until that can be altered in January. A front 3 of Nesbitt behind Keena and Morrison who could easily play up top and drift outwide when required.  Hope to see more of Krasniqi between now and January also.

Fresh start for the Bairns after last week pumping.
Falkirk 6 - 0 Cove 

I can see that we may improve as cone head has gone, but I can’t quite see what has happened on the actual football front to see this new dawn materialising on Saturday.

Falkirk 0-3 Cove.

3 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Said it on our main thread be interesting to see what changes Grainger will make to the team/line up.

Agreed with a shout for 352 to utilise Williamson/McCann but the rest of the defence doesn’t look great until that can be altered in January. A front 3 of Nesbitt behind Keena and Morrison who could easily play up top and drift outwide when required.  Hope to see more of Krasniqi between now and January also.

Aye, the defence is a bombscare and we really need to get a fresh CH in, however, Saturday was (I hope) a one-off as we surely can't be that bad again?

I'd like to know what Sheerin's reasoning was for dropping Dixon? He hadn't had a great game against Raith but was no worse than most on the pitch and he was also more likely to be able to bounce back from a poor performance. I remember him being dropped in similar circumstances earlier in the season and him having a good game when he was brought back in. I'm fine with bringing Lemon in  because he's a good prospect, but playing him beside Hall was always likely to be an accident waiting to happen. I'd play Dixon between the two of them to try to tighten things up.

I wonder what happened to Krasniqi also. Came on as a sub v Raith and did fine, then disappeared the following week. I suppose it's possible that he could have picked up an injury late on, although Sheerin stated that he was available the day before. I think it's more likely that there's been some sort of unrest. Hopefully he's not away back to Huddersfield because we certainly need him to play.

I really got the impression that last week was an answer to Sheerin. Also Dixon has probably opened his mouth during the week about bad tactics. Remember Dixon has had a few managers and should know. Think we should see a better performance but whether the squad is good enough to get a result against a good Cove is another matter.

43 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, the defence is a bombscare and we really need to get a fresh CH in, however, Saturday was (I hope) a one-off as we surely can't be that bad again?

I'd like to know what Sheerin's reasoning was for dropping Dixon? He hadn't had a great game against Raith but was no worse than most on the pitch and he was also more likely to be able to bounce back from a poor performance. I remember him being dropped in similar circumstances earlier in the season and him having a good game when he was brought back in. I'm fine with bringing Lemon in  because he's a good prospect, but playing him beside Hall was always likely to be an accident waiting to happen. I'd play Dixon between the two of them to try to tighten things up.

I wonder what happened to Krasniqi also. Came on as a sub v Raith and did fine, then disappeared the following week. I suppose it's possible that he could have picked up an injury late on, although Sheerin stated that he was available the day before. I think it's more likely that there's been some sort of unrest. Hopefully he's not away back to Huddersfield because we certainly need him to play.

Should find out tonight about Krasniqi as we have a development game v united and he’s featured in both development games so far. 

Martin
Williamson Hall Dixon Mccann
Morrison Krasniqi Telfer Weekes
Ruth Keena

Mcdaid & Mcguffie have been non existent too often this season so would like to see Weekes given a chance. Krasniqi to sit and Telfer to roam further forward. With Nesbitt ready to come off the bench if needed. Morrison & Weekes as high as they can be to really go at them.

Hopefully we see something different from Grainger as it's badly needed and I pray to god he doesn't have a lob on for Hetherington like Sheerin did.

Hetherington absolutely needs punted out on loan in January. That said I don't think Grainger will make too many changes for this game. He needs somehow to tighten the defence, I can't see Megginson not scoring, also can't see us winning. A defeat but hopefully not another pumping like last week. 

35 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

In the unlikely event of a win today and the new manager next week, could these be good odds?
c267eb5232a29e1afde6bb13bb6de3e3.jpg

Very good odds if within 6 points after a win today I reckon. To be honest I fully expect a bounce from Falkirk and have predicted them to win.

Sheerin gone, new manager in, desperate to heal wounds from last week, against Hartley, against the team currently top. All of these things will give the home side real desire.

Very good odds if within 6 points after a win today I reckon. To be honest I fully expect a bounce from Falkirk and have predicted them to win.
Sheerin gone, new manager in, desperate to heal wounds from last week, against Hartley, against the team currently top. All of these things will give the home side real desire.

Our issue is Danny Grainger will be in charge today and he’s already said he isn’t changing much as he believed in Sheerin’s approach (whit?), so it’s likely we will be 12 points behind before any sort of bounce begins to materialise….

23 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Would bite your hand off for a point to keep them within sight.

I'd take a point but think this will be a tough fixture for us with all that's gone before it in the last week.

A win for Cove and we're 12 points clear of Falkirk and that would be a mountain to climb. Not impossible, far from it, but would need a very good run in.

Important we are full strength today. We were missing Shay Logan, Iain Vigurs on Tuesday and Rory was a sub. We played Fraser in a number 10 role and Mitch just ahead of him which I don't think works. We need Rory to hold the ball up and Mitch play close to him and get the knock downs.

Very intrigued to see how it pans out. Unfortunately not attending TFS. Only my 2nd missed game including cups this season. Will catch on stream.

Edited by CoveRangers1922