Next Permanent Hibernian Manager

1 minute ago, Zing. said:

I highly doubt McPake would leave the set-up at Dens to be assistant manager to Steve Kean.

I mean you're more than welcome to take him, but I couldn't see that happening tbh.

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 hours ago, Willie adie said:

Porteous said hibs " don't want to be a cup team but want to be consistently 3rd or 4th

Well sounds like a perfect job for Mcinnes

For what it's worth, I think Hibs would be mad not to look seriously at McInnes. He could take this Hibs team and turn it into a top 3 side within 6 months.

I get the impression that...despite all the evidence to the contrary over the last 50 years....Hibs fans believe that they're somehow entitled to some kind of mystical, swashbuckling, Brazil 1970's type football. 

There's a perception that because McInnes's Aberdeen side were fairly decent at digging out hard-fought wins at a point where we maybe weren't playing so well, McInnes is naturally a dour, boring manager. 

That's absolutely false. The last 16 months or so of McInnes's time at Pittodrie were poor, but before that we were often playing the best attacking football played by any Dons' side of the last 30 years. 

A Hibs side under McInnes would never have lost that game against Livi on Wednesday night. 

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Hibs fans believe that they're somehow entitled to some kind of mystical, swashbuckling, Brazil 1970's type football. 

Brazil believed they could adopt the mystical, swashbuckling, Hibs 1950's type of football tbf.

I highly doubt McPake would leave the set-up at Dens to be assistant manager to Steve Kean.
I mean you're more than welcome to take him, but I couldn't see that happening tbh.

If Jazzer needs help moving, I’ve got a pick-up. Come on Gazzer you can’t resist the call of home surely.

Was that the first time Alex Neil had been working on a Sportsound game last night? Seems a pretty big coincidence if so.

He was going on about how before he came in Preston were struggling to stay in the league whereas he had them battling for a play-off spot. A pity then that Simon Grayson in the 4/5 years before him had a higher win % and a higher points per game ratio. Never let the facts get in the way Alex.
If I was a Hibs fan I’d be happy with Del Boy, but I’m a Dundee fan and I’d prefer it to be McPake.

He was going on about how before he came in Preston were struggling to stay in the league whereas he had them battling for a play-off spot. A pity then that Simon Grayson in the 4/5 years before him had a higher win % and a higher points per game ratio. Never let the facts get in the way Alex.
If I was a Hibs fan I’d be happy with Del Boy, but I’m a Dundee fan and I’d prefer it to be McPake.

Grayson managed them in League 1 for more than half of his reign so that's probably not a huge surprise.

Mikey Stewart being a bit far fetched labelling the dismissal as utter madness. That remains to be seen Mikey. I agree it could be viewed that way but we'll just to have wait and see what happens and who comes in. He says there was no chance of a relegation battle but they have just lost to the two clubs I think are worst in the league: Ross Co and Livingston. Maybe Ross should have got the game on Saturday as a last chance saloon but wee Ron had seen enough. As the owner it's his prerogative.

Edited by Snifter Pee Rot

2 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

Strachan on record as saying he has always wanted to manage Hibs

Also on record as saying he doesn't want to manage again and considers himself retired from full time work.