Next Permanent Hibernian Manager

Jeezo,  Hibs were paying their manager £10k per week? That's mental money for a club out with the OF. Understood why Aberdeen got somewhere close to that figure when Rangers were trying to tempt McInnes away, but other than that, just mental.

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Has any club ever said anything different?

"We're looking for a dour uninspiring manager who'll grind out 0-0s"

If they had a clear plan for Hibs they would've had a new manager identified before sacking Ross. They're clearly just winging it.

So every club specifically says they're looking for someone with an attacking style and rubbishes the speculation in the media? Highly doubt we're appointing a McInnes or Lennon after that. Also says they're coming to a conclusion, sounds like it could be before the final.

54 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, I was certain that if they were pulling the trigger to get rid of Ross then they had someone lined up to replace him. Going into a cup final without a manager is a huge risk.

Any more risky that waltzing into a semi final without a manager? 🤭

As to the JR on £10k a week - where do these rumours come from? Football seems to be the only industry where everyone tells "mates" what they earn and those "mates" then put it straight on twatter........................................

36 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

So every club specifically says they're looking for someone with an attacking style and rubbishes the speculation in the media? Highly doubt we're appointing a McInnes or Lennon after that. Also says they're coming to a conclusion, sounds like it could be before the final.

I agree with regards the likelihood of Hibs appointing McInnes. Ron Gordon, if that's who is being quoted, is basically describing the antithesis of latter day Delboy. If you add to the mix that Dave Cormack and Ron Gordon are, in Cormack's words, friendly and Cormack would unlikely be singing the praises of McInnes, I would hazard a guess that there's no chance McInnes will be the next Hibs manager.

51 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Jeezo,  Hibs were paying their manager £10k per week? That's mental money for a club out with the OF. Understood why Aberdeen got somewhere close to that figure when Rangers were trying to tempt McInnes away, but other than that, just mental.

Think you'll find that McInnes was on considerably more than £10k per week latterly at Aberdeen.

That was a huge part of the problem we created by awarding him with new contracts when he turned down approaches from elsewhere. Whilst even in his last months I was far from McInnes's biggest critic there is no way we were getting value out of that. 

10 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Any more risky that waltzing into a semi final without a manager? 🤭

As to the JR on £10k a week - where do these rumours come from? Football seems to be the only industry where everyone tells "mates" what they earn and those "mates" then put it straight on twatter........................................

Not any more risky, as we found out to our cost. The difference being is our manager was poached so we had little time to prepare for it. We did not make a conscious decision to get rid of him without a replacement lined up, like Hibs did.

Edited by AJF

2 hours ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

I'd be marginally more inspired by Fergusson than all other candidates than Neil. Something more exciting about a throw of the dice rather than the relatively stale/bizarre options also mentioned. 

He must be around 80 yrs old now, one of the greats but maybe a bit old for it now. 

Someone mentioned Cathro vibes about Maloney and that's the scary thing. 

I suppose at the very least having been a good player and working with some of the world's best in Belgium he might have a couple of things he can impart on the players.

My hope is that he'd be willing to be naively attacking in his set-up but given he's never managed before who can say, and Celtic away in the final isn't perhaps the best place to start implementing that kind of play. 

Still somewhat happy about this if it comes to pass. Not quite Alex Neil levels of joy but as I said before, more exciting to roll the dice in these situations than get a competent jobber. Hiring a competent jobber after sacking a competent jobber didn't sit well with me. 

Caldwell doesn't strike me as a great appointment for number two but I guess most of the names I'd desire are possibly too close with current members of the team. 

Edited by Chefki Kuqi