Next Permanent Hibernian Manager

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I would have been surprised if it had been McInnes, just because he is fairly similar to Ross anyway so it wouldn't have been much of a change. It did seem, from the outside at least, that Ross' tenure at Hibs was McInnes at us on fast-forward. 

I could be wrong, but I think I read that we approached Maloney when we appointed Glass. 

So there was a "prawcess" after all...

4 hours ago, Zing. said:

Gary Caldwell as his No2 as well. I reckon it’s going to be a shitshow.

If Caldwell is involved anywhere at your club be very cautious about any optimism. 

The guy is a fucking leech who thinks he is the next Pep and a fucking arsehole to boot. Will look to pap fan favourites like Stevenson and Gray out the club in a heartbeat and without a moments thanks if he is given half the chance.

Decent with Powerpoint though.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

He could be a disaster but it would still be a better decision than hiring Neil Lennon.

They could appoint Ann Budge with Alex Salmond as her assistant and it would still be a better decision than hiring Lennon.

Baffled that the Lennon thing wasnt a complete parody and that anyone was seriously considering him an option.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

I know little about Maloney as a coach but when I've seen on Sportscene he comes across as intelligent and articulate. Good on Hibs for not being lazy and predictable. 

I think by articulate, you mean a bit posh compared to other footballers? I'd say he comes across as someone who clearly knows the game and is probably a decent coach, why else would Martinez have stuck with him so long.

But Maloney was a complete shitebag as a player. I cant see him being an authoritative or controlling figure at a kids party, let alone at a football club.  

He might turn out decent of course, but I honestly cant see it.

No idea if Maloney is a good coach, and even less clue if he’d make a good manager. The Cathro comparison is probably a little unfair though. Plenty managers have been excellent in their first jobs as the number one. Gerrard and Neilson are two that spring to mind. Jack Ross didn’t do too badly either in his first manager’s position.

Still hoping this is all a diversion and it’s Stevie Kean.

Normally it makes sense for a young manager to bring an experienced head to be his number two (thinking Danny Lennon and Tommy Craig, or Gerrard and Beale). Bringing in Caldwell given his track record (not to mention complete lack of self awareness) is risky to say the least.

7 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Reports at the time suggested he was going to be on 350k p/a (~£6,730 p/w)at Sunderland, and suggested that was five times what we had been paying him (£1,346 p/w). So you'd assume Hibs would be somewhere between those two figures.

I always think it’s great in this day and age with all the rules around data protection etc that every time a manager moves club it comes out on the internet exactly what they are earning. Who does this? Doubt it’s the manager and I doubt it’s the (for bigger clubs) trained and qualified accountant/chief executive/whoever that are texting randomers to say we’re paying Jack Ross this much per week by the way.

Its all just guess work and guesstimations.

In saying that I do know that Gary Holt got the equivalent of £100k year one being the director of football at Falkirk with another £50-£60k a year from then on.

Edited by Sortmeout