Next Permanent Hibernian Manager

3 hours ago, Kima Greggs said:

I for one welcome the coronation of our short king.

Long live the man with the good Belgian football contacts. 

The Coronation of the Short King sounds like a chapter from a Tolkien novel.

The Hibbit, maybe?

Edited by The_Kincardine

14 hours ago, velo army said:

Normally it makes sense for a young manager to bring an experienced head to be his number two (thinking Danny Lennon and Tommy Craig, or Gerrard and Beale). Bringing in Caldwell given his track record (not to mention complete lack of self awareness) is risky to say the least.

Caldwell is there to put the training cones out and go get the teas. Would expect David Gray to take more training sessions that heid Caldwell.

On 09/12/2021 at 03:30, HarleyQuinn said:

I have a feeling Hibs will take the same approach as Aberdeen and Dundee Utd and hire a young "emerging talent". 

Shaun Maloney.

Unfortunately, I anticipate he'll do very well for Hibs. Aberdeen (supposedly) interviewed him back in April.

Most teams in Scotland will transition to this approach in the next couple of years. Having a younger manager at the helm with a DoF model/structure in place. It's interesting to see Aberdeen, Hibs, Dundee and Dundee Utd (with their respective American owners) all emulating how things are done in the MLS. I think it's all really good news for Scottish football.

9 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Shaun Maloney.

Unfortunately, I anticipate he'll do very well for Hibs. Aberdeen (supposedly) interviewed him back in April.

Most teams in Scotland will transition to this approach in the next couple of years. Having a younger manager at the helm with a DoF model/structure in place. It's interesting to see Aberdeen, Hibs, Dundee and Dundee Utd (with their respective American owners) all emulating how things are done in the MLS. I think it's all really good news for Scottish football.

Weirdly, we did transition to it in 2018 after the Ross leaving/Stubbs debacle, with the rationale that it would bestow more consistency upon our recruitment strategy. We stayed up thanks in no small part to some of the players that arrived immediately after Gus McPherson was made DoF. As a club, it seemed like a wholly sensible move - Jack Ross left the squad in a bit of a state, and then Alan Stubbs fucked it up even more - so a DoF would mean we weren't left in the lurch/without plans in place if a manager left at short notice...

...and then we sacked Gus and didn't replace him so f**k knows what's going on.

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Weirdly, we did transition to it in 2018 after the Ross leaving/Stubbs debacle, with the rationale that it would bestow more consistency upon our recruitment strategy. We stayed up thanks in no small part to some of the players that arrived immediately after Gus McPherson was made DoF. As a club, it seemed like a wholly sensible move - Jack Ross left the squad in a bit of a state, and then Alan Stubbs fucked it up even more - so a DoF would mean we weren't left in the lurch/without plans in place if a manager left at short notice...

...and then we sacked Gus and didn't replace him so f**k knows what's going on.

Has to be the way going forward. McInnes was a very good manager but his eye for a player wasn't always great.

I think McInnes of 2017 would work wonders with our current squad. Not a chance he'd have put it together though.

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Shaun Maloney.

He was spoken too, but felt it was already a done deal with Glass,  Caldwell would have been assistant .

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Shaun Maloney.

Or for those that realise there is life outside of the US, the DoF/Head Coach model that's been used throughout Europe for decades.

42 minutes ago, Charles Stiles said:

Or for those that realise there is life outside of the US, the DoF/Head Coach model that's been used throughout Europe for decades.

No I totally appreciate that. I'm just suggesting that its finally happening due to this model being implemented across the MLS and that these particular American owners have decided to emulate that.

I can also see Aberdeen, for instance, inviting another team based in Europe to join the partnership we currently have with Atlanta Utd. Leading to all clubs involved having the same footballing philosophy and recruitment strategy. They'll share recruitment/scouting resources to help benefit one another. Similar idea to Man City, NY Red Bulls, Melbourne City of the A-league and Japanese outfit Yokohama F Marinos.

Hibs and Dundee Utd have already started partnerships of their own and will probably expand upon that in the not too distant future.

I just hope it brings a better standard of football and match day experience compared to what we have been accustomed to along with potentially disrupting the success of the duopoly that is the OF. Scottish is long due a shake up.

Maloney is a punt that I'd be willing to take but why is Caldwell being touted as the number two? I have a long memory and in particular a 3-0 drubbing at Pittodrie after Caldwell had confirmed he was joining Celtic. He was rotten that day and looked as if he wasn't trying a leg or trying not to get injured more to the point. Would not be welcoming him back.

19 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I always think it’s great in this day and age with all the rules around data protection etc that every time a manager moves club it comes out on the internet exactly what they are earning. Who does this? Doubt it’s the manager and I doubt it’s the (for bigger clubs) trained and qualified accountant/chief executive/whoever that are texting randomers to say we’re paying Jack Ross this much per week by the way.

Its all just guess work and guesstimations.

In saying that I do know that Gary Holt got the equivalent of £100k year one being the director of football at Falkirk with another £50-£60k a year from then on.

100K to be director of Football at Falkirk? 

I can do dat

gizza-job-copy.jpg.271dfae1191ad9550b287793281542e1.jpg

6 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

No I totally appreciate that. I'm just suggesting that its finally happening due to this model being implemented across the MLS and that these particular American owners have decided to emulate that.

I can also see Aberdeen, for instance, inviting another team based in Europe to join the partnership we currently have with Atlanta Utd. Leading to all clubs involved having the same footballing philosophy and recruitment strategy. They'll share recruitment/scouting resources to help benefit one another. Similar idea to Man City, NY Red Bulls, Melbourne City of the A-league and Japanese outfit Yokohama F Marinos.

Hibs and Dundee Utd have already started partnerships of their own and will probably expand upon that in the not too distant future.

I just hope it brings a better standard of football and match day experience compared to what we have been accustomed to along with potentially disrupting the success of the duopoly that is the OF. Scottish is long due a shake up.

I get the impression if you went on The Chase you'd tell Bradley you'd use the money to ride Route 66 or do New York to LA in a Winnebago.