Week 14

lichtie23

Funny how I just can't bring myself to hate the Packers. The first ten years I watched NFL they were the joke franchise that juked it out with Tampa for last place in the NFC Central every season. The Colts, Pats, and Seahawks were all comedy franchises at the same time, and I despise the Pats and Seahawks for other reasons, but I don't feel anything other than 'bleh' about the Colts either.

Do people who started watching NFL in the early 2000's feel the same indifference for Dallas and San Fran?, because they were both absolute dugshit around then.

2 minutes ago, Small Bovine Maisonette said:

Dislike Dallas because of the "America's Team" bollocks, don't mind the 49ers apart from them pretending to be a San Francisco team when they're three hours away.

As far as I'm concerned Cleveland have won two Superbowls in the past 25 years, and "Baltimore's" most famous player is Johnny Unitas. I still think the Raiders are an LA team, and the Cardinals play in St.Louis :lol:

I was still calling it 'Jack Murphy' until they knocked the place down, and San Fran's previous stadium was Kezar.

Funny how things stick in your brain but as you get older you don't really retain 'new' information the same way.

6 minutes ago, Small Bovine Maisonette said:

Teven Jenkins is an abomination of a player. 

Cracking look-out block.

First time I've seen Fields. Probably unfair with the quality of the OL, but it's clear he's not yet sensing the rush and is playing on his reactions alone. 

That was a strange result to wake up to, had totally given up so good to see some fight. Watched the highlights back and if any of 4 late marginal calls on DPI or the spot of the ball had gone the Bills way then the result would almost certainly have been different. 

Actually, this one isn't even marginal 

Edited by Fuctifano

Went to sleep with the Niners up 20 - 6 going into the 4th and I just knew when I woke up they would have shat the bed and either lost or made it much closer than it needed to be. Glad to see I wasn't disappointed. 

Still love Kittle though :wub:  

Went to sleep with the Niners up 20 - 6 going into the 4th and I just knew when I woke up they would have shat the bed and either lost or made it much closer than it needed to be. Glad to see I wasn't disappointed. 

Still love Kittle though :wub:  

Never thought I would see a James McAvoy gif in a 49ers Tweet. [emoji23]

6 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Funny how I just can't bring myself to hate the Packers. The first ten years I watched NFL they were the joke franchise that juked it out with Tampa for last place in the NFC Central every season. The Colts, Pats, and Seahawks were all comedy franchises at the same time, and I despise the Pats and Seahawks for other reasons, but I don't feel anything other than 'bleh' about the Colts either.

Do people who started watching NFL in the early 2000's feel the same indifference for Dallas and San Fran?, because they were both absolute dugshit around then.

I’d say that fits how I feel about the Cowboys and 9ers. Started watching in 2001 and they’ve never really been anything worth hating. Cowboys are a circus act who alternate between 10-6/6-10 type seasons and when they do make the playoffs there’s always a hilarious first round exit. 49ers seem to have been primarily a sub .500 kind of team with the odd really deep playoff run out of nowhere. But aye, I definitely don’t hate either.

My 20 years of watching has been dominated by the Patriots and Steelers, really. Ravens, Colts, Packers, Saints and Seahawks have been good for the majority of that time as well. I wouldn’t say I hate any of latter 4, but I’ve always disliked the Pats and Steelers.

13 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

DPI in general is just a shit show, I don't think the NFL is rigged or whatever but it's such a game changing decision with being a spot foul.

It has to exist but maybe there's time for a two-tier system with flagrant offences. 

Yeah, last time this was discussed I remember saying that I think those ticky-tacky hands-fighting ones down the field should really be a 5 yard automatic 1st. Seen far too many where the WR totally manufactures contact, the ball is basically uncatchable, and yet some moron side-judge throws a flag and the O is gifted 50 yards for no good reason.

High time the called far more OPI as well. Receivers get away with murder compared to DB's, and the less said about the fact the NFL has basically legalised blatant Pick plays the better. You used to get away with it if it was just a subtle 'rub', that's always been around, but now you can essentially run straight into a defender and the defender will get flagged??!!! 

There was a cracking example in the Chargers/Bengals game last week. Bengals WR runs straight into Tevaughn Campbell at the top of his route, physically knocks Campbell to the ground, makes his cut, catches the ball, and the play stands. Allen and a Bengals DB doing the wishy-washy hands-fighting thing about 10 yards down the field, it stops before the ball gets there, doesn't affect the play in any way, yet a flag appears and they call it on Allen??!! Later, a Bengals DB grabs Allen's shirt on a crossing route, actually comes up clutching a piece of the shirt, and yet they miss it completely :lol: