Queens v Ayr

8 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

That sure is some good shit you're smokin there bro, credit where it's due. 👌

If you're going through a rough run of games, Ayr United will hand you a win on a silver platter...especially at Palmerston

In fairness it's not as if QOS have been Ayr's equals for most of that time; the last four years have been remarkably stable in that sense. Before that Queens had mostly been enjoying the same level of First Division mediocrity as ever (punctuated by an inexplicable experience in Europe) while Ayr continued to put the "seaside" in "seaside league". Then there was McCall who was just ideologically opposed to winning in Dumfries.
Still, comfortable home win. Normally this would be the point where I would suggest that Duffy would subsequently make excuses, but if Ayr even bother filming post-match interviews with him now then I haven't bothered watching them.

It depends on what you class as mediocre I suppose. Our average finish since we got to the old First Division has been 5th with 6 4th spot finishes in there. Given our size I think that's round about where we could hope to be and if anything, punching. We played in some far better quality divisions a few years ago as well.

If that was mediocre, I'd crawl over broken glass to have some mediocrity back at Palmerston now.

10 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I just hope our fans don't torment him it will only fire him up. 

Doesn't need to go into the dressing room for the team talk, can just stand in front of the away fans at half time.

Fridays team went well to a certain extent . I wouldn’t expect much change in selection other than Aero coming in for McAlister , if indeed he is over his illness . Hopefully we’ll give it ago like we did on Friday , no point in sitting in and watching Queens play . If we give it a go then I’d be optimistic of a positive result .. 

Three games to go until the window ...

21 minutes ago, North British said:

Fridays team went well to a certain extent . I wouldn’t expect much change in selection other than Aero coming in for McAlister , if indeed he is over his illness . Hopefully we’ll give it ago like we did on Friday , no point in sitting in and watching Queens play . If we give it a go then I’d be optimistic of a positive result .. 

Three games to go until the window ...

Most likely at least five games until we actually do something in the window, although I’m expecting it’ll more likely be six or seven. 

17 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

How do you enter the competition that Nick McAllister won to get to be in the Ayr United squad?

I know what you mean , the lad looks way out his depth at the moment . He’s got another year to go after this season . Maybe he’ll improve with time . 

32 minutes ago, North British said:

I know what you mean , the lad looks way out his depth at the moment . He’s got another year to go after this season . Maybe he’ll improve with time . 

Michael Rose looked out his depth in his 1st season and then turned into a decent player for us. 

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Michael Rose looked out his depth in his 1st season and then turned into a decent player for us. 

I remember one of Rose’s first games , coincidently it was down at Palmerston .  Dobbie gave him the mother of schooling’s . Seems to have stood him in good stead as he’s now strutting his stuff in the English Championship .

6 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Home win, possibly, comfortable home win, very unlikely. 

Queens have won 5 home league games out of the last 26 (1 of the last 12) and of the 5 wins, one of them was by more than 1 goal when they beat Alloa 2-0 on 21 November 2020. They have scored a total of 4 goals at home in the league this season.
I’d be giving Brynn a wee rest for this. He has arguably looked responsible for 4 goals in the last two games (although for one of them he did look like he slipped). If we had a rookie keeper on the bench, we’d need to stick with Brynn but Rae would have been the main keeper if he hadn’t got injured.

Ayr played better on Friday night but I suspect that was because Hamiltons midfield looked worse than ours. We are normally so one dimensional. 

I suspect Duffy will go with the same team again, mostly because he has no clue what do do and Friday almost worked by accident. 

He chose not to play Moffat all season and then hails it a masterstroke that he brought one of the best link-up players in to the squad and we are having shots at goal again. Moffat has longer left in his professional career at 36 than Afolabi has at 20, yet he got the nod for months.

Again, it comes down to actually wanting to win, If Queens are up for it then they will win. 

First goals the winner

1 nil win to some c**t

Please for the love of god play Maxwell on the left and not the right. He played well against Accies but I still think he looks a bit awkward playing on the right hand side. O'Connor looks pretty two footed so I can't see it making too much difference if he is switched with Maxwell. The only other change I'd make is getting McGinty to f**k if Muirhead or Baird are fit. 

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Please for the love of god play Maxwell on the left and not the right. He played well against Accies but I still think he looks a bit awkward playing on the right hand side. O'Connor looks pretty two footed so I can't see it making too much difference if he is switched with Maxwell. The only other change I'd make is getting McGinty to f**k if Muirhead or Baird are fit. 

McAdams back in surely? 

44 minutes ago, Flash said:

Queens have won 5 home league games out of the last 26 (1 of the last 12) and of the 5 wins, one of them was by more than 1 goal when they beat Alloa 2-0 on 21 November 2020. They have scored a total of 4 goals at home in the league this season.
I’d be giving Brynn a wee rest for this. He has arguably looked responsible for 4 goals in the last two games (although for one of them he did look like he slipped). If we had a rookie keeper on the bench, we’d need to stick with Brynn but Rae would have been the main keeper if he hadn’t got injured.

I agree with you regarding Brynn, but it seems to be the case that AJ wants to develop our loan signings to help out their parent clubs ahead of giving our own players much needed game time.  Cameron will always be picked ahead of Roy or Junior, Liddle ahead of McGrory when fit, Johnston ahead of everyone and anyone regardless of form or ability - even CR7 at his peak would struggle to get a game ahead of Johnston.  

Just another example of the damage being done to the club while AJ's at the wheel.

I agree with you regarding Brynn, but it seems to be the case that AJ wants to develop our loan signings to help out their parent clubs ahead of giving our own players much needed game time.  Cameron will always be picked ahead of Roy or Junior, Liddle ahead of McGrory when fit, Johnston ahead of everyone and anyone regardless of form or ability - even CR7 at his peak would struggle to get a game ahead of Johnston.  
Just another example of the damage being done to the club while AJ's at the wheel.

Yes, i thought it would be a stick on that Josh Rae would have got some game time in the recent Scottish & Challenge cup games. He looked decent before his injury and I’d like AJ to prioritise him over a loan goalkeeper. Its possible Rae could be a decent keeper for us for a few years, providing some much-needed continuity. My fear would be that if he doesnt get another chance in the first team before the end of the season he will be off and that will just add to the usual merry go round nonsense of having to replace 15 players each season.