Rangers vs St Johnstone December 15th

We'll either concede early and lose 3-0, or put in a great performance and lose in the 80th minute. Seems the way just now.

Probably got more hope of points from this game than the County game though, considering how we play.

Edited by RandomGuy.

I agree think these types of games suit us better right now.

No expectation or pressure to win, can sit in and defend as much as we like.

Hopefully we can suck the life out of the home support and turn it into a dour contest with no atmosphere.

A draw or win here would be a massive boost to the players’ confidence.

Time for Viv on the counter.

GvB has make a few adjustments - most notably reminding Tav and Borna that they are defenders.  He's also got a few players doing 'hings' we've missed.  Most notably Alfie, Arfield and Bassey.

Plus Joe Aribo is looking like his old self.

So  if The Fermers can be shite and allow the Gio Experiment to continue I'd be happy.

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

GvB has make a few adjustments - most notably reminding Tav and Borna that they are defenders.  He's also got a few players doing 'hings' we've missed.  Most notably Alfie, Arfield and Bassey.

Plus Joe Aribo is looking like his old self.

So  if The Fermers can be shite and allow the Gio Experiment to continue I'd be happy.

Big Shirley has done very well at CB, reminding us of Boughie and his swashbuckling forays forward at times.  I wouldn't now say that Balogun is an automatic pick ahead of him in that position now. 

He's not reinvented the wheel, but the small adjustments he's made have definitely made us look more like ourselves since he's came in.  

The GVBXperience has (so far) been pretty enjoyable. 

We doing bets on the number of 'Well Rangers'll be expecting their customary penalty' posts we see? I'm going for between 10-12 regardless of the result or time on the clock.

I'd like to see us play a 4-1-4-1 at this as well. Kamara sitting deep, push forward the other central player and really overload their defence. Kent, Aribo, Hagi, Sakala behind Alfie.

Callum will be ultra negative in this game when he should be looking at it as a free fucking hit, we have injuries to key players so nobody expects anything but a hiding. Attack these c***s.

Clark 

Rooney       Gordon        McCart 

MOH                                                Viv

Bryson           Craig 

Butterfield 

E2                          May

Gives space for Mikey and Viv to actually run at folk. Baws hinging right oot.

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

Anyone wondering why Clark is to the right a bit, he's leaning on the post in awe of his silky teamates taking the piss.

I think it's so he is closer to your bench so he can get the go ahead to go up for corners more clearly.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Callum will be ultra negative in this game when he should be looking at it as a free fucking hit, we have injuries to key players so nobody expects anything but a hiding. Attack these c***s.

Clark 

Rooney       Gordon        McCart 

MOH                                                Viv

Bryson           Craig 

Butterfield 

E2                          May

Gives space for Mikey and Viv to actually run at folk. Baws hinging right oot.

Viv as wingback would be fairly wild. 

Even with that setup though the only balls into their half will be McCart hitting raking passes to MOH, at which point the best we can hope for is a throw-in.

Keen on the idea of Butterfield behind E2 and May. There's a chance he might go with that, but with Kane instead of either of them. 

And you just know he's going to play Crawford nomatter what. 

28 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Viv as wingback would be fairly wild. 

Even with that setup though the only balls into their half will be McCart hitting raking passes to MOH, at which point the best we can hope for is a throw-in.

Keen on the idea of Butterfield behind E2 and May. There's a chance he might go with that, but with Kane instead of either of them. 

And you just know he's going to play Crawford nomatter what. 

The idea of wingers as wingbacks isn't anything new, we have 3 defenders who love defending so let them do it without cover to see if it's achievable. The current system with the usual players stunts our attacking threat, it's boring, repetitive shite. If it doesn't work and we get scudded by 3 or 4 tonight it won't matter a f**k.

3 hours ago, Orbix said:

We doing bets on the number of 'Well Rangers'll be expecting their customary penalty' posts we see? I'm going for between 10-12 regardless of the result or time on the clock.

Being a bit of a sad fucker I did a bit of totting up of penalties awarded over the past 3 years.  Here are the highlights:

- Hertz have had 50% more pens than us this season to date.
- The Cabbage top the table for pens awarded over the past shree seasons.to date.
- Accies - yes, I typed that correctly - were awarded most penalties in 2019-20.

Here's yer Top four - cumulatively - for the past three years:

Hibs - 18
'Us' - 16
'Them' - 15
Accies - 13

I now expect 'penalty to Hibs' to become a thing on match threads.