God Save The Queen

Lex

7 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I have managed to avoid ever really listening to Nicholas Witchell, a deeply odd guy. Currently just showing off by listing obscure members of the Royal family who could be arriving

Sky news instead. 

2 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

^^^ toonser found.

Butteries are the softer ones, rowies are the harder (one might say 'staler') ones.

2 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Witchell talking about how the fleet of limos from the airport will be passing through towns with quaint names. Patronising c**t.

Westhill, Garlogie, Echt, Midmar, Tarland, the Ballater bypass

Will sevconians now have to learn how to spell GSTK ?

Edited by tarapoa

5 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

^^^ toonser found.

Butteries are the softer ones, rowies are the harder (one might say 'staler') ones.

I refute that. I grew up in Aberdeenshire and never heard the word rowie until I move into Aberdeen for university.

Even this P&J article (https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/328555/16-things-might-know-aberdeen-rowies/) states...

Rowie is the word used in Aberdeen and buttery is the word used in Aberdeenshire.

When the news is officially confirmed, then to accompany the sombre music and suchlike, I’m definitely putting the kettle on and having a rowie buttery soft pastry bake thing. Or if I can’t find one, a chocolate hob nob.

6 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Westhill, Garlogie, Echt, Midmar, Tarland, the Ballater bypass

Great pub food there with loads of football club mugs from across the UK hanging up. They should pop in for a look if driving through.

2 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

I refute that. I grew up in Aberdeenshire and never heard the word rowie until I move into Aberdeen for university.

Even this P&J article (https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/328555/16-things-might-know-aberdeen-rowies/) states...

There's me learned that Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire are different things. Who knew?

Old Man Shrugging Blank Template - Imgflip