God Save The Queen

Lex

It’s not so much the Premier League royals I have a problem with, it’s when you get down to the Vanarama League shite of Lord this, Duke of That, Duchess of This That and the Other… get them to fcuk. As queens go, she was good at it. Certainly represented the country better than any of the arsewipe politicians that she saw come and go. Maybe it’s because I rate the politicians as arsewipes that I didn’t mind having a monarch as some sort of antidote to them being the be all and end all. Ach, I don’t know. Time for a cuppa’.

33 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

I just said to the wife, "Celebrity Master Chef will be cancelled tonight then", and she said "shouldn't be, they can't talk about this all night."

Wait and see...

2 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Even prisoners in Soviet gulags cried when Stalin died.  He has such an impact on their lives.

Fun fact: Stalin died on the same day as Sergei Prokofiev, his obituary ended up on page 150-something of the paper the next day

Everybody on the 8th of September on this list is fucked: Deaths in 2022 - Wikipedia

8 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

It’s not so much the Premier League royals I have a problem with, it’s when you get down to the Vanarama League shite of Lord this, Duke of That, Duchess of This That and the Other… get them to fcuk. As queens go, she was good at it. Certainly represented the country better than any of the arsewipe politicians that she saw come and go. Maybe it’s because I rate the politicians as arsewipes that I didn’t mind having a monarch as some sort of antidote to them being the be all and end all. Ach, I don’t know. Time for a cuppa’.

Aye, most of us are aristocrats.

2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Fun fact: Stalin died on the same day as Sergei Prokofiev, his obituary ended up on page 150-something of the paper the next day

Everybody on the 8th of September on this list is fucked: Deaths in 2022 - Wikipedia

You are referring to the Aldous Huxley moment a.k.a. C. S. Lewis moment.