God Save The Queen

Lex

31 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Nice one.  I await your counter points.

Methinks I'll be waiting a while :D

as a Christian you should be used to that. Jesus has popped out for some cigarettes and will be back any day now...

14 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Your deflection tactics ain't the best.

If you can't counter my points then just admit it.  I won't mind.

What points? You said you liked his KCA, it was your favourite. Whoopee.

Doesn't make it less shit tho.

this was beautiful

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

My take? You lost touch with Scottish Protestantism when you moved south and thought Anglicism was much the same, despite it being Catholicism with the Pope swapped for the Queen. 

I know you often speak nonsense but this is is utter tripe!  Just ridiculous stuff from you.

I'd have more respect for our arch monarchists if they actually supported a true British monarchy and the restoration of the Stuart line rather then these foreign usurpers.

26 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

I suspect Welshy is just on the wind up a lot of the time.

24 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Often?  Yes.  In this case he is trying to be sincere.  And failing.

Bit of respect please from you two, Lord Mackay of Clashfern happens to be a family friend. A more sincere and devout man you're unlikely to meet although a fool in politics. 

Edited by welshbairn

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Bit of respect please from you two, Lord Mackay of Clashfern happens to be a family friend. A more sincere and devout man you're unlikely to meet although a fool in politics. 

I can't believe you're trying to play Lord Mackay bingo.  

A new low for you.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

I can't believe you're trying to play Lord Mackay bingo.  

A new low for you.

So would you attend a funeral of a friend in a Catholic Church?

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

So would you attend a funeral of a friend in a Catholic Church?

Eh?  For the third or fourth time?

Despite all of our conversations over a decade or more you even have to ask that?

8 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

£29 for a fairly decent copy of "Never Mind the Bollocks"  in Amersham's record shop a few weeks ago.  Just bought new turntable/amp/speakers so this is getting a fair airing...

So who watched the Platinum Jubilee concert last night and, politics aside, what did you think of it?  The visual effects were stunning. My personal highlights were Elbow, Andrea Bocelli and Sir Elton John. Sam Ryder has a great voice and lots of potential.

Adam Lambert's (Queen) and George Ezra's vocals were much weaker than expected. MO Sir Rod Stewart's "singing" was dreadful and should have chosen better songs. Similarly, Simon Le Bon was shouting tunelessly. Diana Ross, who put on a better show, seemed to be miming at times. 

Overall, it lacked excitement and dynamism. I was hoping for Ed Sheeran, Adele, The Pet Shop Boys, Paul Heaton (unrealistic tbh), Noel/Liam Gallagher or even AC/DC. Be honest!

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

£29 for a fairly decent copy of "Never Mind the Bollocks"  in Amersham's record shop a few weeks ago.  Just bought new turntable/amp/speakers so this is getting a fair airing...

Still got my original, bought as a 13 year old from Listen records in Paisley High St.

Sadly not one of the ultra rare 1st pressings with the missing "Submission" included as a separate one sided 7" single.

4 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

So who watched the Platinum Jubilee concert last night and, politics aside, what did you think of it?  The visual effects were stunning. My personal highlights were Elbow, Andrea Bocelli and Sir Elton John. Sam Ryder has a great voice and lots of potential.

Adam Lambert's (Queen) and George Ezra's vocals were much weaker than expected. MO Sir Rod Stewart's "singing" was dreadful and should have chosen better songs. Similarly, Simon Le Bon was shouting tunelessly. Diana Ross, who put on a better show, seemed to be miming at times. 

Overall, it lacked excitement and dynamism. I was hoping for Ed Sheeran, Adele, The Pet Shop Boys, Paul Heaton (unrealistic tbh), Noel/Liam Gallagher or even AC/DC. Be honest!

I will be honest.  I find shite like this embarrassing AF.

"our House" aka "One's House" from Madness was sort-of witty a decade ago but the rest leaves me cold.

5 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Still got my original, bought as a 13 year old from Listen records in Paisley High St.

Sadly not one of the ultra rare 1st pressings with the missing "Submission" included as a separate one sided 7" single.

Listen Records? They sold more than just records and t-shirts. I was a regular customer in Renfield Street, especially in the basement.

My university mate owned a Chinese restaurant only a few yards away. We went there after lectures for free curry and beers.. Such happy memories! :)

9 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

As a very recent habitué of Amersham's record shop this is the sort of shite they come away with.

Me?  I just love playing records  like I love my olive oil.  Don't give a f**k if it's the first pressing or not.