God Save The Queen

Lex

2 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

That George looks like a wee c**t seems to always be literally turning his nose up at stuff. Hopefully the monarchy has ceased to exist by the time he is due to be king.

He had a lot of crap to watch last night though.

Nicola Sturgeon is a Royalist.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-61676157

"Nicola Sturgeon said she had benefited from the Queen's knowledge and wisdom during their private conversations.

She said she wanted the Queen and her successors to remain as head of state if Scotland becomes independent. 

And she said people should have respect for the Queen regardless of their views on the monarchy."

39 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Well if you didn't think differing scholarly opinion and translation don't change the fundamentals, then why mention them?  Not being pedantic, but I just don't see where you're coming from.

The 'pish' seemed to be a separate point, but perhaps it wasn't.

I've never came across (excuse the pun) a law against wanking, but for me the virgin birth and resurrection don't seem ridiculous when you take God's nature into account, which is my starting point.

There are several scientific, philosophical, historical and spiritual reasons as to why I reached the conclusion of God's existence.  The Kalam Cosmological Argument is probably my favourite.

I don't have a Bible to hand but I believe wanking gets capital punishment alongside getting out at Haymarket with your brother's wife, spilling your seed in the desert as they call it, or Onanism. Way worse than raping a servant

Just now, welshbairn said:

I don't have a Bible to hand but I believe wanking gets capital punishment alongside getting out at Haymarket with your brother's wife, spilling your seed in the desert as they call it, or Onanism. Way worse than raping a servant

Either you've misinterpreted or you've just rattled an acid tab.

For decades, it's been SNP policy that Lizzie remains as head of state in an independent Scotland.

They'd be absolute idiots to demand otherwise. It helps convince a portion of the royalists that independence isn't as big a change as it seems, and republicans are aware that they've got a far greater chance of ditching the royals when it's just Scots deciding on the issue.

Even if you believe THAT WOMAN isn't playing politics with those quotes, it ought to make no difference whatsoever, as (and I know this can be hard to understand) she's a transient politician who'll be replaced if the public aren't happy with her.

That quote from Deuteronomy 25:11 is so fucking specific. Somebody clearly got their arse handed to them by their missus in public and decided they'd paint her wagon but good.

Modern day evangelical attitudes towards women don't seem to have changed much from what they've decided to follow from the Old Testament.

It's funny how right wing Christians say it's the New Testament that's important when it comes to eating ham sandwiches and wanking, but they're all over the few times homosexuality is mentioned in the old testament.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

It's funny how right wing Christians say it's the New Testament that's important when it comes to eating ham sandwiches and wanking, but they're all over the few times homosexuality is mentioned in the old testament.

This is my problem with all organised religions. Either this is the Word of God, or it isn't. If not, you're picking and choosing what you personally want to go along with, and you deserve no more respect than the folk who stay at home because the horoscope somebody created for them says it's an unlucky day.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Wait, are you saying these frauds pick and choose what stories to believe from their big book of fairy tales ?

Say it ain't so.

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

This is my problem with all organised religions. Either this is the Word of God, or it isn't. If not, you're picking and choosing what you personally want to go along with, and you deserve no more respect than the folk who stay at home because the horoscope somebody created for them says it's an unlucky day.

It's also interesting how every major world religions teachings are littered with misogyny. 

8 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Always find it amusing when people post out of context memes to refute the bible.

William Lane Craig, Alex O'Connor or John Lennox they ain't! :)

I always find it amusing that people who don't like being presented with quotes from the Bible that they don't like claim that they are "out of context".  Odd; you'd have thought they'd regard it as gospel. 

Still, takes all sorts. At least (most) Christians don't murder people due to differences in interpretation - well, not for a while now anyway.  Watch out for "exorcisms" , though. They can turn a bit nasty. 

Just now, BFTD said:

For me it's the literalists who are nutters, the people who take it as a general guide to not being a c**t, love and forgiveness etc are fine, it's the one's who treat a BC survival guide and folk tales and analogies as literally relevant to the 21st century who have lost their way.

16 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Always find it amusing when people post out of context memes to refute the bible.

William Lane Craig, Alex O'Connor or John Lennox they ain't! :)

Good video on youtube of Christopher Hitchens debating William Lane Craig 

Just now, welshbairn said:

For me it's the literalists who are nutters, the people who take it as a general guide to not being a c**t, love and forgiveness etc are fine, it's the one's who treat a BC survival guide and folk tales and analogies as literally relevant to the 21st century who have lost their way.

You could say that about any book though. American Psycho taught me all sorts about the morality of making sausages.

The whole point is supposed to be that it's...well, gospel. The only reason for following anything in the Bible is because it's what Our Lord wants you to do. If It wanted you to do otherwise, surely They'd have made a big show of wanting it updated.

Y'know, like how The Big Yin delivered L. Ron Hubbard unto us, to show us the new path to the stars.

Rimmer: I never agreed with my parents’ religion but I wouldn’t dream of knocking it.

Lister: What were they?

Rimmer: Seventh Day Advent Hoppists. They believed that every Sunday should be spent hopping. They would hop to church, hop through the service and hop back home again.

Lister: What’s the idea behind that then?

Rimmer: Well, they took the Bible literally. Adam and Eve, the snake and the apple, everything. Took it word for word. Unfortunately their version had a misprint. It was all based on 1 Corinthians 13, where it says “faith, hop and charity, and the greatest of these is hop.” So that’s what they did every seventh day. I tell you, Sunday lunchtimes were a nightmare. Hopping around the table serving soup. We all had to wear sou’esters and asbestos underwear.