Thistle vs Ayr - Tuesday 1st February 2022

13 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Yes. Although we’ve been pretty good at both aspects of the game, in previous matches v Ayr this season. 

I can't really argue with that 8-0 so far! 🤣

7 hours ago, jagfox OG said:

The main factor against Ayr is that they have ceded the midfield in each game. Once we dominated and scored a few goals they absolutely put up the white flag.

We are still soft in the middle of the park. Its where we need to strengthen most. It'll be Murdoch and Chalmers in there, Murodch has been playing like a man possessed as late and Chalmers has been surprisingly good. Also with McKenzie and Maxwell on the wings we offer more protection to the defense out wide. At least we did versus Raith.

2 hours ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

A hat trick of 4-0 wins would be nice. Graham ragdolling McGinty for all 4.

That happened already at Firhill. I fear we will play McGinty as well. Lightning can't possible strike twice. I and most other Ayr fans want McGinty fired into the sea.

The main difference as I see it from Duffy to Whyte is that we don't stand off teams giving them lots of time on the ball under no pressure, we actually press which causes the opposition to make mistakes. It'll be interesting to see if we play with that same intensity at Firhill.

How is the pitch with Queens Park playing on it as well?

31 minutes ago, jagfox OG said:

Got e-mail that I can go to this game despite not being my first choice. Ho hum.

This was mine and my mates first choice but didn't get it. The website states that those who requested the Ayr game as first choice got it. Usual Thistle shambles.

1 hour ago, jm86 said:

Factor in Graham’s obligatory goal against us and McGinty’s obligatory brainfart to concede one, and we have to score at least 3 for the win. Can’t see it. Might just scape a 2-2.

I would be delighted with a draw to be fair....

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

Can any Thistle fans comment on if your stream is half decent or not?

You will get the bloke who drives you to suicide or the bloke who gets everyone's names wrong. If you are lucky you will get one of them and a player like we had last week. Occasionally you will also get umm err bloke or a dude that talks 100mph. Lets just sat it's varied but it us what it is. Picture quality has always been decent, apple devices debateable but if you waste your cash on them you deserve it 🤣

Edited by The Firhill Frozen Pie

No email for a ticket in the ballot and no email with the code to access the stream. It seems like any time there's any game out of the norm I have to contact the club and beg for them to give me access, same happened with the games where we were allocated different seats due to social distancing at the start of the season.

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

No email for a ticket in the ballot and no email with the code to access the stream. It seems like any time there's any game out of the norm I have to contact the club and beg for them to give me access, same happened with the games where we were allocated different seats due to social distancing at the start of the season.

Cause yer on the dobber list

4 hours ago, The Firhill Frozen Pie said:

I think we will see a slightly different Ayr this time. We should have enough to put them away but this is the championship so who knows what will happen!

Yup. Maybe the inevitable 4-0 might flatter you this time rather than us getting off lightly 🤣