Arbroath v ICT

4 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Far better ICT teams than this one have struggled at Gayfield over the years. That commentator was as bad as Andy Bannerman. Maybe they just pick a punter at random off the terracing each week.

The commentator would not be out of place in a cattle mart up to his knees in dubs.

Edited by SandyCromarty

For the last 10 minutes I got the commentary doubled up separated by 3 seconds. Very special considering the two commentators repeated each other so x4 really. Shame about the stream because until today it had been flawless for me this season. Also not a good day to be playing with a new second camera. Still - TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

2 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

The commentator not be out of place in a cattle mart up to his knees in dubs.

Hard to tell if the Covid affected our players as well as the lack of games. A complete lack of desire it seemed. Really missed the Fermer tbh. He was quality. 

1 minute ago, stan3600 said:

For the last 10 minutes I got the commentary doubled up separated by 3 seconds. Very special considering the two commentators repeated each other so x4 really. Shame about the stream because until today it had been flawless for me this season. Also not a good day to be playing with a new second camera. Still - TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

It was a mess with the commentary, but can you imagine the utter confusion in the nursing homes that got the free stream, a lot of the poor folk will be hearing voices well into the night.

6 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Far better ICT teams than this one have struggled at Gayfield over the years. That commentator was as bad as Andy Bannerman. Maybe they just pick a punter at random off the terracing each week.

Absolutely, and against far worse Arbroath teams. With how depleted our squad was and being 3 behind with a game in hand it was much more of a must not lose game than getting all 3 points.

Didn't think think the commentary was too bad in the first half but they were awful in the second half.

We missed Nicky Low badly today.

We are very good at getting the ball forward early and winning the 2nd ball but when the wind is so strong, we really need a bit more precision in our attacks.

Promising introduction from Jack Hamilton, looks to offer something a bit different to Dowds and Nouble.

Arbroath overall edged it but not much in it. Difficult conditions for both teams thought we might get right on top in the 2nd half with the wind but never really happened although we did come close a few times but Caley had a couple of chances as well. Still top of the league though not complaining about that.

Arbroath had the best chances and looked more likely to score - but a draw is about right.

Inverness were unable to take advantage of the wind if the first half and in the second have the wind had settled down a little.

Not a classic game - but will be remembered as Nouble's last match for Arbroath at Gayfield.

If the commentator who interviews the players and managers after the match is reading this, could you please take a note of questions to ask in advance, your questions were rushed and unprepared and the interview with DC you did more talking than him. Totally appreciate you are a volunteer and unpaid - but rather than being unready with questions, perhaps being prepared in advance with questions will make for better interviews - putting aside 30 mins to sort out potential questions for interviews would make good sense.

The second of January always seems a bit flat, a bit of an anti-climax after all the razzle and excitement of Xmas and the New Year and the game, particularly the first half, seemed a bit like that. The second half was better and overall we were the better side but it shows how far we have come when a well established Championship side comes to Gayfield and plays for a draw.

Still, it was a point gained and we are still top of the league so can't really complain. I'd like to see Dowds stay for the rest of the season or longer, he has sort of grown into the team and puts in a lot of good work up front and defending when necessary and scoring.

I could hardly believe my ears earlier and it wasn't until Richard Gordon apologised later that I realised what I heard was a bit of old school casual racism.

It's a pity that Dick rather spoiled it all with that.

15 minutes ago, sophia said:

I could hardly believe my ears earlier and it wasn't until Richard Gordon apologised later that I realised what I heard was a bit of old school casual racism.

It's a pity that Dick rather spoiled it all with that.

What was said?

2 minutes ago, sophia said:

Something about "the Japs" 

Yes he said you’d love to have our boys in the trenches with you fighting the above 

Hope you recover Sophia and you’re not too offended 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

33 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yes he said you’d love to have our boys in the trenches with you fighting the above 

Hope you recover Sophia and you’re not too offended 

Thank you for your kind words.

As it happens, I am of a delicate disposition and whilst I can forgive expressions that aren't redolent of an eloquence that is acceptable in cosmopolitan circles, I shall be relieved when the official statement of clarification and apology from Arbroath is published.

2 minutes ago, sophia said:

Thank you for your kind words.

As it happens, I am of a delicate disposition and whilst I can forgive expressions that aren't redolent of an eloquence that is acceptable in cosmopolitan circles, I shall be relieved when the official statement of clarification and apology from Arbroath is published.

I’m glad the man apologised for you

But in seriousness yes you can’t say that and shouldn’t but there was nothing in it and the last thing pnb needs is a tedious discussion over it 

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

It was a mess with the commentary, but can you imagine the utter confusion in the nursing homes that got the free stream, a lot of the poor folk will be hearing voices well into the night.

Just ask nurse to tuck you in. You'll be fine. 

Billy Dodds' post match interview "...They've got big lads up front and then they threw big lads on..." 😄 Aye, those giants Bobby Linn and Dale Hilson.

We probably lost about 6-8" in height with our 3 substitutions.

Edited by Tattie36