WWE PPV Thread

FifeArab

Say what you like about WWE, but they know how to squeeze the money out.  Bit of a shiter if they're sticking to the combo tickets, but kind of understandable.  I wondered if they'd just done the big WWE thing of doing something without checking before, but maybe they know full well that Smackdown might be a relative ghost town because of the game.  They can move crowds around and still pocket the money by forcing people into buying if they want to go the next night.

Ludwig Kaiser has the opportunity to cut the greatest heel promo of his life on that episode of Smackdown. It'll be like that time Elias made some light-hearted jab about a random American sports team and ended up being booed out of the building.

Does anyone know if this is the only sale there'll be? I know you have to buy both tickets as one, so I'm quite willing to dinghy Smackdown if it's on at the same time, unless they were to put it on earlier. Does anyone know if that's likely?

That's the presale codes out, 26 minutes to go.  The guy I'd usually go with likely won't make it, think I'll unfortunately give it a miss unless the prices are significantly lower than I think they'll be.

2 minutes ago, forameus said:

I don't want to say the process is besieged by bots and scalpers, but...

I for one welcome our new overlords

Chortle. I'm sure a lot of people will be joining just to find out prices and see if they can split the tickets etc, but even if only 1/4 of people, you'd have to assume they'd be buying 4 tickets. 

I'd have been a lot further up the queue if Ticketmaster hadn't decided now would be the time to run some extra security checks on my account. 

I forgot you had that waiting room thing and left it unrefreshed until a few minutes before, would've been further up too.

Imagine you're right about the price.  I'm fully expecting to baulk at it and not buy any, so maybe a fair few in that position too.  

Think that page said it was a 6:30 start with 5pm doors if I remember right.  But no idea what "start" means in this sense and what they tape at a Smackdown these days.  Could just be a pre-show, then the main starts at 7.  Imagine it'll 

It's the worry with them combining the tickets.  On one hand, they get to pocket the money for people desperate to go to the PPV, even if they don't intend to go to Smackdown, but it'll be a bad look for them if they've chosen that over making sure every seat is filled.  I don't doubt there's 13000 people who would rather go see WWE instead of watching the football, but there are going to be a lot of people - myself included - who would rather watch the game.

Just now, Cardinal Richelieu said:

£595? Bargain. These were the cheapest when I got to the front of the queue. 

image.png.5ccc6cc8aace4753f6457a47cedfc47f.png

I got in immediately and was offered those same seats. Turned them down in record time. Was like 400 for you to touch the roof as well, mental.

Mental prices.

There's plenty of folk who don't like/care about football so doubt WWE will have any issues filling the place for both nights, but f**k those prices.