Police Scotland - a discussion thread 👮‍♂️

I reserve judgement on this matter. Looks like the full weight of the Scottish establishment got behind him though, for good or ill.
https://www.thefreelibrary.com/POLICE+CHIEF+%3A+MY+SEX+CASE+NIGHTMARE%3B+Woman+PC+accuses+him+of+assault...-a097372485

Hadn’t see this before, a good bit of victim blaming in there though along with a lot of comment of how much of a fine man Livingstone is. Horrible. No surprise it got swept under the carpet.
The fact that he admitted misconduct in such a serious matter should have, at the very least, stopped him climbing the ladder. Not only did it not stop him getting promoted, he became (and remains to this day) the most senior police officer in the country.
Shows that there’s a real lack of leadership talent in the force if a man like that can become the chief. Was there not a better candidate, without the sleazy back story? If not, why on earth not?
No wonder public confidence and trust in the police is at such a low.

7 minutes ago, Lex said:

Hadn’t see this before, a good bit of victim blaming in there though along with a lot of comment of how much of a fine man Livingstone is. Horrible. No surprise it got swept under the carpet.
The fact that he admitted misconduct in such a serious matter should have, at the very least, stopped him climbing the ladder. Not only did it not stop him getting promoted, he became (and remains to this day) the most senior police officer in the country.
Shows that there’s a real lack of leadership talent in the force if a man like that can become the chief. Was there not a better candidate, without the sleazy back story? If not, why on earth not?
No wonder public confidence and trust in the police is at such a low.

Was there any reason why you failed to mention that he was cleared of the allegation and had his demotion reversed?

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I reserve judgement on this matter. Looks like the full weight of the Scottish establishment got behind him though, for good or ill.

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/POLICE+CHIEF+%3A+MY+SEX+CASE+NIGHTMARE%3B+Woman+PC+accuses+him+of+assault...-a097372485

And some really wonder why women don't come forward more. 

• 1 year later...

Racist police officer abused colleagues in Maryhill office - BBC News

The court heard Cruickshank would ask for colleague's surnames to see if they "sounded Catholic". 

The prosecutor said: "He would listen to calls coming through and listen to the name of the complainer.

"If their name sounded Catholic, Cruickshank would say 'they would get the jail'."

ffs :lol:

A bit rich for someone whose surname means "someone with crooked legs" to be asking others the origins of theirs. 

That sort of sectarianism is rife in Scotland though. I remember the OP of this thread telling me a while ago that sectaranism wasn't a thing in Scotland. No doubt this w****r thought it was just a bit of banter, which is usually how it gets passed over. A certain former Scotland International said the same when asked to calm his behaviour during a now infamous Scotland camp. 

I'll be your short haired police bigot from Maryhill

I'll catch you no matter what you dae

If your name is Declan Sean O'Rafferty

I can tell you, you won't get away

Apologies to the Big Yin

Edited by Cosmic Joe

On 04/01/2022 at 10:21, Ron Aldo said:

The police have generally been sound any time I've had dealings with them.

Had a run in with a neighbour a few years ago over parking. He came to the door a raging mess looking for a fight. Told him to f**k off and shut the door in his face (genuinely) and he reported me for assault and foul and abusive language. The police had to go through their process but knew he was talking shite. I got taken in for an interview and they told me before it what they would be asking and what I should say. Interview lasted about 2 minutes and I never heard anything from them again.

With such a large number of officers it's inevitable that some will be sound and some will be c***s who are in it for all the wrong reasons.

Is that not coaching? 

Just now, Granny Danger said:

What would an Ayr fan know about coaching?

If we are putting it into football terms and specifically Ayr.  A bald man in a gilet has been shouting at them to run harder with no tactical direction.