Coaching Carousel, 2022

lichtie23

Vikes binned their GM as well.  Complete clearout.  As have the Bears binned their GM.  
Expect us to go for an Offensive minded coach, to try and get the best out of Fields.

Hopefully the new GM will shore up our OLine and bring in a WR or 6. We do at least have good RBs and Kmet is a useful TE.

If you follow the Dolphins, it sounds like it was fairly disfunctional - Flores’ hiring of assistants was terrible (4 OCs in 3 years including the dual OC fiasco this year), a rookie OL coach leading one of the worst lines in NFL history, going 1-7, absurd challenges and time management leading to a couple of losses, being pretty inflexible and having no idea how to build and run an offence. Apparently he was difficult to work for and couldn’t attract experienced coaches. 

I would much rather they built around Tua, gave him a chance to shine, saved all the draft capital and didn’t chase an alleged sex pest. Not to say they won’t do that anyway. Tua has underwhelmed but is still 13-8 as a starter with all the shortcomings of the offence (shite line, no run game).

Owner Ross has a strong tie in with Harbaugh so we shall see. Interesting times. I’m a bit torn but the suspicion is Flores is a magnificent DC but maybe his style didn’t suit HC in Miami. What do you think @magic sign?

If you follow the Dolphins, it sounds like it was fairly disfunctional - Flores’ hiring of assistants was terrible (4 OCs in 3 years including the dual OC fiasco this year), a rookie OL coach leading one of the worst lines in NFL history, going 1-7, absurd challenges and time management leading to a couple of losses, being pretty inflexible and having no idea how to build and run an offence. Apparently he was difficult to work for and couldn’t attract experienced coaches. 

I would much rather they built around Tua, gave him a chance to shine, saved all the draft capital and didn’t chase an alleged sex pest. Not to say they won’t do that anyway. Tua has underwhelmed but is still 13-8 as a starter with all the shortcomings of the offence (shite line, no run game).
Owner Ross has a strong tie in with Harbaugh so we shall see. Interesting times. I’m a bit torn but the suspicion is Flores is a magnificent DC but maybe his style didn’t suit HC in Miami. What do you think [mention=3065]magic sign[/mention]?
I think that's accurate. Based on results Flores can reasonably say he was due another year, but I think it wasn't going to get better. Experienced coaches and players don't want to work with him. The last two experienced coaches he has hired have left after one year. I know a lot will be made of his relationship with Tua, but it's bigger than that. If you follow anyone with any insight into the team they all say the same, players like Howard and Gesicki don't like him. Van Noy (explayer) doesn't like him. There were rumours that Will Fuller wanted to retire. Look at the Elandon Roberts Tua video (we will never know exactly what Roberts actually said). Even the Nick Hicks tweet is now very very telling.

If Flores can fix his personality flaws and get players to relate to him and also get some good offensive coaches to run the offence then he's got a chance of turning out a decent HC, but just not in Miami.

Does this save Tua, not necessarily. A new HC might not want to move forward with him and if they decide to move off him then I'm good with that. I think he has potential and they let him down with the offensive acquisitions, but he's not guaranteed and the new HC may have their own plans.

I'm about to watch a video where more info is going to be discussed for more insight.

12 hours ago, magic sign said:

If this is true, Harbaugh would be the obvious suspicion.

Apparently Stephen Ross is one of the major boosters for Michigan University, so appointing him for the Dolphins would be a conflict of his own interests.

Apparently Stephen Ross is one of the major boosters for Michigan University, so appointing him for the Dolphins would be a conflict of his own interests.
He most definitely is a major donor to Michigan. But it is significantly less than he has invested in the Dolphins. I'm also hearing if Harbaugh was to return to the NFL that he would prefer to be on the west coast. All the media talk is Jim Caldwell or Doug Pederson, but remembering Ross's admiration for Harbough (especially the embarrassing Sporano incident) I just can't believe that we wouldn't at least take a shot at landing him. But hey, I could be way off course.

1 hour ago, magic sign said:
14 hours ago, lichtie23 said:
Joe Judge gone

I'm hearing online rumours (no idea how accurate), that the Joe Judge decision was made after Flores was fired and he's the number one target.

Flores is more defensive minded aye?

Flores is more defensive minded aye?
Very much so. He's very talented at defense and he's good at improving young defensive players. He denied it, but it's widely accepted that he took over the defensive play calling during the 1-7 streak, which turned the season around.