Meat Loaf RIP

GordonD

Absolutely love his music. His work with Steinman was fantastic. Brilliant music, brilliant lyrics, in his heyday a brilliant performer. I saw him live in York maybe about 15 years ago or so and his voice was pretty shot  but still a good gig.

Rock n Roll Dreams Come Through and Objects in the Rearview Mirror a couple of my personal favourites.

3 bats live is a brilliant concert.

RIP Big Marv.

Wasn't a big fan, but he was one of those folk that I'd be happy enough to randomly hear the music of, or see him turn up in films.

This is bound to have been staged for the show, but it takes a lot to make Gary Busey seem like the sanest man in the room. I'd always heard he was great with his fans, but. Bound to be a lot of very sad people.

Edit: I don't think I realised until the credits of Fight Club that his full stage name was Meat Loaf Aday, which possibly explained the man's girth.

Also, obligatory link to the excellent Rocky Horror Picture Show:

Edited by BFTD
Meat Load? Different thing altogether.

Actually gutted to hear the news, and sadly he’ll go down as another one if those artists that I wish I had seen live but for one reason or another, just never did.

Absolutely loved most of his albums but his earlier work was just legendary and groundbreaking.

RIP Meat Loaf

Gutted.

The man along with Jim Steinman have given me so much pleasure in all these years.

'And I think somebody somewhere must be tolling a bell
And the last thing I see is my heart, still beating
Breaking out of my body and flying away
Like a bat out of hell'

RIP Big Fella