The Thick of It

Moonhound17

On 21/09/2023 at 08:53, TheScarf said:

Quite apt that it was Chris Langham who delivered that line.

I think Roger Allam says that line - IIRC it's about Nicola Murray's daughter who's gone all "Raging Bull" at school.

Chris had already been sacked for paedo reasons by that series.

Just now, Albino Rover said:

I think Roger Allam says that line - IIRC it's about Nicola Murray's daughter who's gone all "Raging Bull" at school.

Chris had already been sacked for paedo reasons by that series.

You're right.

Watched In The Loop last night on Netflix.

'Come on, it'll be easy, peasy, lemon squeezy.'

'No it won't, it'll be difficult, difficult, lemon difficult'.

On 02/10/2023 at 14:39, TheScarf said:

Watched In The Loop last night on Netflix.

'Come on, it'll be easy, peasy, lemon squeezy.'

'No it won't, it'll be difficult, difficult, lemon difficult'.

"Have you ever seen a film where the hero is a builder? No, no, because they never fucking turn up in the nick of time. Bat-builder? Spider-builder? Huh? That's why you never see a superhero with a hod!"

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

"Have you ever seen a film where the hero is a builder? No, no, because they never fucking turn up in the nick of time. Bat-builder? Spider-builder? Huh? That's why you never see a superhero with a hod!"

With respect, I hadn't finished. Well if it isn't Humpty Numpty, sat on top of his collapsing wall like some clueless, egg cunt. Now I'm finished. 

20 hours ago, TheScarf said:

With respect, I hadn't finished. Well if it isn't Humpty Numpty, sat on top of his collapsing wall like some clueless, egg c**t. Now I'm finished. 

My favourite bit of the film. Perfectly delivered by Paul Higgins making it sound like he's going to come up with something witty, but settles on "egg c**t".

43 minutes ago, printer said:

My favourite bit of the film. Perfectly delivered by Paul Higgins making it sound like he's going to come up with something witty, but settles on "egg c**t".

Paul Higgins is excellent, and he was great as ACC Hilton in Line of Duty as well.

I sometimes wonder if Hilton would have got away with it if he had Jamie as his spin doctor.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...