Motherwell vs Aberdeen

lubo_blaha

A few points…

1. Can people in the east stand stop calling him ‘Beevis’ Mugabe please

2. Can people in the east stand learn how to use a one way system for the bogs.

3. Jake Carroll at left back, despite some shit passing, was a total upgrade on Mcginley

4. The ‘Bois’ really need to get back to being a positive presence in the stands and cut out the nonsense.

5. Aberdeen need to bin Glass asap.

I enjoyed that and I think if it had gone to extra time and we had lost I would still be able to say I enjoyed watching the match.  Things are improving.

The Bois may have thrown coins but they gave the ball back. Things are improving.

We aren't great but Aberdeen are hoaching. Brown & Ferguson get a weird hard man reputation that follows them about which is genuinely inexplicable when they've now been thumped out of 3 games by a midfield that has Sean Goss in it. The only thing the two of them actually do is take the ball off a centre back and pass it sideways. 

Anyway. Looking forward to Cormack having a couple of whiskies and ringing up Sportsound on Monday. 

After the first few minutes of that, I'm still in mild shock that we're through (but we very much deserved it today). A decent goal chalked off and then more bombscare defending made me think it was going to be more of the same.

There's been plenty of stick handed out to Alexander and the players (for good reason) but the team deserve a lot of credit for not making today another dismal game. Ojala had an absolute disaster in the first 15 (following on from a pretty poor showing on Wednesday) but as the game went on, he settled down and actually looked decent - we're just lucky that the game wasn't dead by that point. He's one we need to persist with as he needs to get back up to speed.

Really liked the front 3 today - I think that combination is worth 5 games together to see what we get. I thought Shields showed why we bought him and he deserves a run, It's early days For Efford but he gave the Aberdeen defence a really good game and KVV was having one of his good days (but should probably have been sent off near the end)

O'Hara was a bold call but he had an effective game and looked fit and sharp, which was a surprise. Even Donnelly, so poor of late had a good time of it to the point that we had the best of the midfield today - Brown and Ferguson were very quiet I thought.  

I actually thought the abuse that Ramsey was getting today was shite - in the last game at Fir Park he was giving some verbals to the East Stand after he had taken a few dives but it was the type I don't mind as he was revelling in it at the time - but today it was way over the top with things getting chucked at him and a mutant near me shouting that he hoped he got a broken leg - no fucking need.

Aberdeen are just like us in our recent run - they melted once things went against them and they had no idea how to get back into the game. It's all very well Glass saying the pitch wasn't for passing football (the surface was totally fine, the pitch was very heavy though) but if you can't find a way to play on pitches like that in the middle of winter, you're in the wrong league. Lastly on Aberdeen - it's still wild how much Gallacher has regressed from his first season with us - he's an absolute shadow of that player (and he was obviously on his way down by his second season with us).

Great to be in the cup - anyone at Fir Park please.

2 hours ago, Yorky said:

They don’t need a reason, we’re not talking about the best society has to offer here.

Not condoning the throwing of objects at all, looked like the overrated kid spat into the crowd.

Spare me the über fan shit also. Tapping into a subject you know little of.

Questions need to be asked of the inefficient stewarding also.

Mark O'Hara was superb today. Just has a great energy about him and can carry the ball which is a skill that almost all out other midfielders are lacking.

KvV back in the goals against Aberdeen.Should have had more really. We looked direct and dangerous again. Played the game in the right bit of the park.

Aberdeen played into our hands again trying to play the ball out slowly every time with a couple of cart horses at centre back.

Ojala was poor to start but honestly didn't think there was much he could do at the goal, it was just a superb cross. But he gave Aberdeen another chance which we were lucky went just wide.

16 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Not condoning the throwing of objects at all, looked like the overrated kid spat into the crowd.

The stewarding had nothing to do with the behaviour which was totally out of order. 

1 hour ago, Yorky said:

The stewarding had nothing to do with the behaviour which was totally out of order. 

Least they've learned not to hold onto the ball at a throw in. Especially when losing as only a complete weapon would think that was ever a good idea

1 hour ago, Onthefringes said:

Not condoning but but but 😂

Edited by Antiochas III

I was raging after a minute when it seems we had a perfectly good goal chopped off. We were right in line with it. It was close but you kinda worry that it affects the outcome of the game. If it is offside then fair enough. I do not condone violence but I genuinely wanted to kick f**k out of the linesman at that point. 

But credit to the boys. We stood up and performed and then some. We should have been a couple of goals up. Van Veen was always going to score today but he should have had a hat trick. 

All the players deserve credit, but I was very impressed with G I Joe. Reminds me of Henrik Ojamma. 

Glad to see OHara back. Lots of energy.

A free hit next weekend in the league. 

Edited by welldaft

32 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

Least they've learned not to hold onto the ball at a throw in. Especially when losing as only a complete weapon would think that was ever a good idea

Not condoning but but but 😂

Hold the ball at a throw in? Deary me, at the time there were supplementary balls pitchside. Looking for something that isn’t there.

No buts from me - the opposition player not squeaky clean so rightly mentioned.