Sons vs Cove 29.01.22

1 hour ago, son hawk said:

I may be wrong but at the time I thought our second penalty was for a high foot with the studs up. I was sure it was a penalty at the time because of how dangerous it was.

6.29, slow Mo, shows Fyvie clearly winning the ball. Both challenged for it and Cove player got there first and Carlo missed it, collided with Fraser and fell down. Don't think he dived, he just went down.

https://youtu.be/I-rT4y-79D0

Wasn't high feet, about knee height. Studs up partly but not dangerous

Doesn't really matter as was given and converted with ease by Carswell.

Edit: Still think he didn't dive initially but he did then roll around trying to influence the ref's decision afterwards. Patting the ground when clearly wasn't touched. Most players from nearly all teams, including Cove, are susceptible to this. We'll have our share of pens that are wrongly given for/against us throughout the season.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

6.29, slow Mo, shows Fyvie clearly winning the ball. Both challenged for it and Cove player got there first and Carlo missed it, collided with Fraser and fell down. Don't think he dived, he just went down.

https://youtu.be/I-rT4y-79D0

Wasn't high feet, about knee height. Studs up partly but not dangerous

Doesn't really matter as was given and converted with ease by Carswell.

Edit: Still think he didn't dive initially but he did then roll around trying to influence the ref's decision afterwards. Patting the ground when clearly wasn't touched. Most players from nearly all teams, including Cove, are susceptible to this. We'll have our share of pens that are wrongly given for/against us throughout the season.

The player went in with studs up. In the box when the ball was going nowhere. All the cove defender had to do was stand his ground. Studs were at shoulder height. It's playing in a dangerous manner.

Screenshot_20220130-132306_Gallery.jpg

3 hours ago, the snudge said:

The player went in with studs up. In the box when the ball was going nowhere. All the cove defender had to do was stand his ground. Studs were at shoulder height. It's playing in a dangerous manner.

Screenshot_20220130-132306_Gallery.jpg

Challenge wasn't required at all as you rightly say. Stand his ground and shield the run and the referee doesn't need to make a decision

The ball was there to be won and from my perspective it's not dangerous play. It's side on and he makes no contact with Carlo.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

I don't think that's a penalty. Fyvie is taking a bit of a needless risk challenging in that way. But I'd be pretty cross if it went against us.

In saying that, Cove got a penalty to make it 3-1 against us in August that wasn't a penalty. And had the ghost goal at the Balmoral last season. So I'll happily take it.

Challenge wasn't required for at all as you rightly say. Stand his ground and shield the run and the referee doesn't need to make a decision
The ball was there to be won and from my perspective it's not dangerous play. It's side on and he makes no contact with Carlo.

It certainly sounded like there was contact at the time. And just because you are first to the ball doesn’t mean it’s not a foul. Twenty five years ago yes but not today

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I don't think that's a penalty. Fyvie is taking a bit of a needless risk challenging in that way. But I'd be pretty cross if it went against us.

In saying that, Cove got a penalty to make it 3-1 against us in August that wasn't a penalty. And had the ghost goal at the Balmoral last season. So I'll happily take it.

Exactly you need to take the rub of the green. It happens quick and the ref goes with his best judgement at the time. They aren't perfect as we all know.

Onto the next game, for us at home to Airdrie and for the Sons away to the Mo. Tough tests for both, all the best Sons

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Exactly you need to take the rub of the green. It happens quick and the ref goes with his best judgement at the time. They aren't perfect as we all know.

Onto the next game, for us at home to Airdrie and for the Sons away to the Mo. Tough tests for both, all the best Sons

Absolutely. Given how stinking the referee was for us yesterday, I’ll happily take being on the right end of a potentially wrong decision.  It gave us a point we deserved in the end to be fair.  I did think it was a penalty but I might change that once I see it again.

I did enjoy how selective the Cove highlights were in providing "instant replays".

Has Rory McAllister always been such a greetin' faced twat? He fair puts himself about as well at times... fair play to him with the amount of goals he has scored this season but I can't be bothered with all that nonsense.

The full Cove team really are just like Paul Hartley, whining, moaning, and the sense of entitlement in that they should be getting everything and winning games. Then the terrible attitudes when they're not winning.

13 hours ago, squeezebox-son said:

I did enjoy how selective the Cove highlights were in providing "instant replays".

Has Rory McAllister always been such a greetin' faced twat? He fair puts himself about as well at times... fair play to him with the amount of goals he has scored this season but I can't be bothered with all that nonsense.

The full Cove team really are just like Paul Hartley, whining, moaning, and the sense of entitlement in that they should be getting everything and winning games. Then the terrible attitudes when they're not winning.

They did get everything from the referee on Saturday and they still weren’t happy!!!