Celtic v Rangers Wed 2nd February

10 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Yes you do, the SNP hate fitba, and every other club will be blamed and face restrictions for the arse cheeks bile, because, heaven forbid they will lose votes for blaming the people who are actually causing the problem.

You’re right about the SNP, but you are only kidding yourself on if you believe fan behaviour is solely an issue for two clubs*

*And I believe the fan behaviour issue is wildly overstated in Scottish football when you compare to the rest of society 

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Might have been the game at CP where Lenny and Ally had their handbags out 

That was a Scottish Cup replay.

Last midweek league fixture was December 2011, Celtic went top of the league with a 1-0 win courtesy of a Joe Ledley goal.

23 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Nice, I don’t. 

I just don’t get why folk will proudly come on here and say that they’re not going going to watch a Celtic v Rangers match as some kind of badge of honour. It’s a Scottish Premiership game, why wouldn’t anyone with an interest in Scottish football watch It?

8 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I think it’s clear to see why RFC wanted this game to be played behind closed doors 

If they lose it, I can see a total collapse from them. 

But I wouldn’t count our chickens just yet 

No one wanted the game to be played behind closed doors.

15 minutes ago, bennett said:

No one wanted the game to be played behind closed doors.

Well that’s utter nonsense. 

Some of your fellow fans on here openly commented that the game behind closed doors offered you a sporting advantage so were unhappy the break was brought forward

Edited by Jinky67

After watching both games yesterday and a half each of both Wednesday, toss a coin.

Celtic look a lot better middle to front than Rangers, particularly with their new signings, but Kyogo, MacGregor, Rogic, Maeda and Bitton are a lot of big players for them to be missing at the same time. I think if all of those were available Celtic would canter to a comfortable win on Wednesday given form.

For Rangers Morelos is a huge miss, as no one else in their squad can do what he does. Itten is a terrible player who wouldn't get a game for most of the league and Roofe is better playing off a striker IMO, rather than as the main striker. But you'd have to think Roofe plays Wednesday. Kent flatters to deceive most of the time this season, so depends what version of him turns up, but the new kid looked very good yesterday. Aribo is the one player for Rangers who could make a difference on his own, but historically he's struggled in OF games, outside of the 4-1 game last year. He's very much in form though, so probably Rangers best hope. For them to win, he has to carry his team for me.

Both look about as competent (or incompetent if you prefer) defensively at the minute but Rangers with Bassey at CB have a problem. Helander is probably the best central defender in the league, so it's a huge miss for which Bassey is a cheap, own brand sticking plaster that's been hanging on for too long. Celtic defensively are much improved from the start of the season, as the numbers show.

I think Rangers would take a draw right now if offered, but it will be interesting to see how Angeball fares with so many missing in a game where they are genuinely under pressure for the first time, with top spot up for grabs rather than "just do our job and stay in touch" mentality. A win against the champions to go top for the first time is a new pressure for Celtic.

GVB to do something mental and play Kamara, Lundstrum and Sands in CM looking to sit in for the draw, dropping Dialo for a front 3 of Kent, Itten and Aribo. [emoji1787]

29 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I just don’t get why folk will proudly come on here and say that they’re not going going to watch a Celtic v Rangers match as some kind of badge of honour. It’s a Scottish Premiership game, why wouldn’t anyone with an interest in Scottish football watch It?

Settle down joey. 

17 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Well that’s utter nonsense. 

Some of your fellow fans on here openly commented that the game behind closed doors offered you a sporting advantage so were unhappy the break was brought forward

It wasn't behind closed doors though.

48 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Celtic look a lot better middle to front than Rangers

Yet Celtic struggle to break down teams more than Rangers. 

Rangers have only failed to score once in the last 55 league matches.

Celtic have failed to score 4 times this league campaign.

Yet Celtic struggle to break down teams more than Rangers. 
Rangers have only failed to score once in the last 55 league matches.
Celtic have failed to score 4 times this league campaign.
The full quote there was "Celtic look better middle to front than Rangers, PARTICULARLY WITH THEIR NEW SIGNINGS".

You seem to have left out a key bit of the quote there to make a random different argument. [emoji846]

56 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I mean this game going ahead behind both closed doors not the previous one at Ibrox

I was being a dick,  with 500 fans being allowed in it wasn't being played behind closed doors.