Raith v Queens

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

That McGlynn interview quite an uncomfortable watch. I watch what he says all the time. I actually was really quite liking him and respecting what he was saying, always seemed to call games spot on and talk a lot of sense.

Really did not used to like him from when it was us and Raith going for the L1 title but he managed to change my opinion of him. Was coming across really well and it looked like he was going to do good things with Raith. Thought they were Prem bound. 

But that interview you can see it in his eyes, he looks like he’s away to burst out crying or whatever and he’s all over the place with his hands and the gestures he’s making. Looks like he doesn’t want to face up to the camera, I kind of think he’s realised what an absolute c**t he’s made of this decision.

He seems so sensible too I just have no idea how he decided to push this through. Ffs John what have you done son 😂

He looked like a man who knew he’s fucked up big time. As you said it looked at times he was really emotional to the point nearly in tears. 

What he’s done for the club over the past few years has been phenomenal to the point that he’s one of our best managers of all time. But I’m really struggling to see a way back from this - everyone involved in this horrendous decision needs to be held accountable and ultimately McGlynn and Smith would have pushed for this to go through. 

Our clubs falling to bits. 

Just now, TheScarf said:

Surely the only option here is to terminate Goodwillie's contract?

Would he have some kind of grounds for unfair dismissal given that they knew all about the situation when they signed him and no new information has appeared?

Just now, Donathan said:

Would he have some kind of grounds for unfair dismissal given that they knew all about the situation when they signed him and no new information has appeared?

Well that's the thing, Raith would have to give a fairly damning reason I'd say.  Can they use severe income loss as a reason?  I'm not sure they can.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Surely the only option here is to terminate Goodwillie's contract?

At this point I'm pretty sure Sim - who is often not in Scotland anyway - thinks a lot of the heat will dissipate over the next couple of weeks, support will trickle back and life will go on.

He doesn't understand why volunteers give their time for the club, he just assumes more will turn up without really understanding the bonds that tie people to an institution like a football club.

He may in the past have given lip service to various community endeavours but clearly he himself never paid them much heed. So long as the money situation doesn't deteriorate beyond a certain point he'll brazen it out now I think.

4 minutes ago, Donathan said:

You'd have thought so. 

I'd almost - almost - welcome him taking the club to the cleaners for that. They'd deserve it. 

Everyone and their granny has been dragged into this debacle apart from Karen McCartney.

You would think that the person appointed to run this thing with previous experience in the field would have been wise enough to say hang on here and now the shit has hit the fan should be front and centre in the response to this. 

5 minutes ago, renton said:

At this point I'm pretty sure Sim - who is often not in Scotland anyway - thinks a lot of the heat will dissipate over the next couple of weeks, support will trickle back and life will go on.

He doesn't understand why volunteers give their time for the club, he just assumes more will turn up without really understanding the bonds that tie people to an institution like a football club.

He may in the past have given lip service to various community endeavours but clearly he himself never paid them much heed. So long as the money situation doesn't deteriorate beyond a certain point he'll brazen it out now I think.

Sacking Goodwillie now will only result in a further money loss, so I don't see how even a severe drop in income results in Goodwillie's sacking. You can't sack a rapist for being a rapist when you knew he was a rapist when you signed him. DG's lawyer would clean up.

Even if they were to terminate the contract of Goodwillie (which they won't), the statement last night which said it was a decision based primarily on footballing ability has effectively turned our reputation into a complete binfire. It's ruined the legacy of the board and mcglynn.

If the board leave, we're still in a situation where we don't own the stadium and it's held by a separate company. I'm still in disbelief that our board and management could be so absolutely ignorant about any backlash that this would get. They knew it was coming. They were told by dozens, if not hundreds, of fans. They stuck their heads in the sand, and sat throughout all of January before doing the business on the last day of the window with no thought for the reaction.

I might be overreacting, but I don't see how the club can continue. I'm glad that there's discussions regarding emergency funds being set up by fans groups. I have absolutely no idea how this will end up, but we all knew there was a danger in one man having all the power.

1 minute ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I can’t believe they think he’s worth all this hassle.

Obviously they feel strongly enough about it to show they don't want to be associated with the club in any way, and they deserve credit. It would be nice to think that other club employees, volunteers, stewards, etc also feel that they can no longer carry on their duties and really cause problems for the club on match days. 

Just now, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Obviously they feel strongly enough about it to show they don't want to be associated with the club in any way, and they deserve credit. It would be nice to think that other club employees, volunteers, stewards, etc also feel that they can no longer carry on their duties and really cause problems for the club on match days. 

Pretty sure he is on about the board/manager rather than the ladies team.

2 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Yeah, was talking about why Raith think Goodwillie is worth the hassle.

Just to be clear, fully support the decision taken by the women’s team. I know none of the Men’s first team will cause a stir; most probably are delighted he’s there.

37 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Everyone and their granny has been dragged into this debacle apart from Karen McCartney.

You would think that the person appointed to run this thing with previous experience in the field would have been wise enough to say hang on here and now the shit has hit the fan should be front and centre in the response to this. 

She is in a very difficult position tbf. She wouldn’t have had a say in the vote to sign Goodwillie, I’m not even convinced she would have been seriously consulted. The people responsible are: John McGlynn and looking at the directors page, those who voted in favour would be John Sim, Dave Sinton, Tom Morgan and Steven MacDonald.

She is different to a lot others in that she is in a paid position by the club. She may well be strongly opposed and I would expect she is severely pissed off about being left to deal with the shitstorm which is not of her own doing. However, when you have a mortgage and bills to pay, it is very difficult to walk away from a job that is probably quite well paid. I wouldn’t be surprised if she is looking for work elsewhere before tendering her resignation but I have no inside information on that.

Edited by R.R.FC

1 minute ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Yeah, was talking about why Raith think Goodwillie is worth the hassle.

Just to be clear, fully support the decision taken by the women’s team. I know none of the Men’s first team will cause a stir; most probably are delighted he’s there.

Aye, apologies for the misinterpretation.