Raith v Queens

It seems it. They're hoping his goals are the difference between going up and not going up. If they go up they'll be financially fine, plus they'll get higher crowds due to Premiership hingers-on.
The irony is that there's no chance we'll get promoted with the defence we have. That much was clear as early as the Ayr game when we started shoehorning in specific players.

15 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Given as 850 

Well down on what they would usually expect

The attendance last night was 1005. Probably a couple of hundred down on what we would normally have but not as low as I expected.

Midweek games in winter aren’t always the best indicator though, as they are generally quite low for run of the mill league games particularly with streaming an option just now. I am sure we had a sub 1000 crowd against Forfar in our last season in League One.

Saturday will give a better gauge of the full impact. 1500-1600 would be the usual expected attendance for that one which we won’t be anywhere near.

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:
2 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:
Comments being deleted left right and centre. Mods having a busy one today.

Aye, shout out to the mods. It must be brutal keeping track.

Russian tanks could be at Carlisle for all I know, I've been so distracted.

14 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:
38 minutes ago, Gaz said:
It seems it. They're hoping his goals are the difference between going up and not going up. If they go up they'll be financially fine, plus they'll get higher crowds due to Premiership hingers-on.

The irony is that there's no chance we'll get promoted with the defence we have. That much was clear as early as the Ayr game when we started shoehorning in specific players.

That's what makes me so deeply sad about this whole thing. It was a completely unnecessary signing that may well have ended our club as we knew it, and one we didn't need to make.

The goals were starting to come again. Gullan had his best game for us against Morton and got a few good shots away, Poplatnik had his tail up and I would have liked us to have signed him in the summer, Stanton was really settling in, and others (e.g. Tumilty) were starting to chip in with a few goals again. Scoring goals wasn't the problem. Conceding them was.

I'd accepted we weren't going to go up this year, but was really looking forward to seeing how a very likeable team were going to get on next year. As things stand, I can't bring myself to care and won't be watching.

24 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

I don't even think Poirot would get to the bottom of McGlynn and the board's thinking on this transfer.

It's clear from the last 24 hours that McGlynn just has some pretty odious character traits.

He can't have put this transfer to the board without taking into consideration the inevitable fallout, the position in which it would put Val McDermid and others at the club, and the likely impact on sponsorship and the club's national reputation. The transfer can't have been completed without him thinking 'bollocks' to all of that, and 'bollocks' to all the concerns that were going to be raised by women's groups.

Peter Grant and Gus McPherson have taken deserved houndings this season for being woefully incompetent managers, but the damage they did to their clubs can be repaired. McGlynn has damaged Raith Rovers permanently, all because the arse is falling out of his promotion bid.

2 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

McGlynn has always came across as an arsehole dinosaur to me, not surprised in him in the slightest.

There was always something not right about him I always thought.

33 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

The attendance last night was 1005.

Is that the number actually in attendance or does that include season ticket holders who didn't show up? I know some clubs do it that way.

2 minutes ago, Yoss said:

Is that the number actually in attendance or does that include season ticket holders who didn't show up? I know some clubs do it that way.

Rovers have over 1500 season ticket holders, so would guess the former.

1 minute ago, Yoss said:

I am sure it was the actual number in attendance. We have over 1500 season ticket holders so if we were giving the attendance as ‘tickets sold’ it would have been in excess of that figure.

This will be talked about in more depth on Sportsound on Saturday.

No doubt Off The Ball will discuss it as well.

The Shereen Nanjiani show on Saturday morning (Radio Scotland) will definitely cover it too.

So the story isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

6 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Rovers have over 1500 season ticket holders, so would guess the former.

6 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

I am sure it was the actual number in attendance. We have over 1500 season ticket holders so if we were giving the attendance as ‘tickets sold’ it would have been in excess of that figure.

oh yeah, good point - cheers both.

If there was a whoosh then I've also whooshed myself.

25 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

McGlynn has always came across as an arsehole dinosaur to me, not surprised in him in the slightest.

I doubt he's alone in that unfortunately. You might be surprised at how many in football live in a bubble, even at this level.

It's quite clear Falkirk tried and there'll have been a few more astute Directors that have chased managers and colleagues who wanted to sign him.