Raith v Queens

2 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Serious question for the Rovers folk (although totally hypothetical atm), but if there was a way forward for a fan / community buyout of the club, including the ground, what sort of ballpark figure are you talking about ?

Couple of Million.

Back in 2006, the club - more or less the name, league registration and place, honours and history - was valued at around 500k, the ground at 1.5 million.

FM says it would be “appropriate” for the SPFL to take action but don’t see how that’s possible? They clearly had no issue with him playing for another member club.
They're wading in to comment again with a view these things can by fixed with the click of a finger. Much the same as the health minster yesterday tweeting to suggest how it's scandalous men aren't don't more. He was called out on this by both male and female fans, but is yet to delete the tweet.

Davie Hancock and Lesley Fleming the latest volunteers to step away. Davie was a key part of the Raith TV team who have been so widely praised for their coverage through the pandemic. Lesley did plenty of photography work for the club and did really well catching the mood on the stand and in the pitch. We've been really fortunate to have so many good people who have worked to such a high standard.

47 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

FM says it would be “appropriate” for the SPFL to take action but don’t see how that’s possible? They clearly had no issue with him playing for another member club.

I'm also not sure what sort of action she is suggesting? It would be opening up a massive can of worms for any sort of sports governing body to enforce some sort of moral code on the players which a member club chooses to employ. As abhorrent and unpleasant as he is, Goodwillie wasn't actually convicted for his sex crimes (even if you can argue he should be), so even some sort of law against convicted criminals (which I don't think is a good idea anyway) wouldn't be sufficient here.

This is on the individual clubs, they make the decisions and they deal with the fall-out.

Edited by craigkillie

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'm also not sure what sort of action she is suggesting? It would be opening up a massive can of worms for any sort of sports governing body to enforce some sort of moral code on the players which a member club chooses to employ. As abhorrent and unpleasant as he is, Goodwillie isn't actually a criminal (even if you can argue he should be), so even some sort of law against convicted criminals (which I don't think is a good idea anyway) wouldn't be sufficient here.

This is on the individual clubs, they make the decisions and they deal with the fall-out.

He's got 3 convictions for assault.

I'm also not sure what sort of action she is suggesting? It would be opening up a massive can of worms for any sort of sports governing body to enforce some sort of moral code on the players which a member club chooses to employ. As abhorrent and unpleasant as he is, Goodwillie isn't actually a criminal (even if you can argue he should be), so even some sort of law against convicted criminals (which I don't think is a good idea anyway) wouldn't be sufficient here.

Don’t we have a ‘fit fit purpose’ club owner set of criteria already?
Is it that unreasonable to have sort of criteria to be a professional footballer?
Looking at so many past events, mainly across England, it could be argued there should be….

8 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Davie Hancock and Lesley Fleming the latest volunteers to step away. Davie was a key part of the Raith TV team who have been so widely praised for their coverage through the pandemic. Lesley did plenty of photography work for the club and did really well catching the mood on the stand and in the pitch. We've been really fortunate to have so many good people who have worked to such a high standard.

This is horrendous.  These types of people are what made Raith Rovers.  Without the fantastic volunteers we aren't the fantastic club we had become.

Anyone else just constantly walking around with a knot in their stomachs hoping against hope that there will be a statement released to say we've come to our senses and terminated his contract?

Just now, roman_bairn said:

Don’t we have a ‘fit fit purpose’ club owner set of criteria already?
Is it that unreasonable to have sort of criteria to be a professional footballer?
Looking at so many past events, mainly across England, it could be argued there should be….

Owning a football club is entirely different to being employed by one. It could very easily become a slippery slope for any sporting league which decides to enforce some sort of moral code. As I mentioned, in Goodwillie's case, despite him clearly being a rapist, how could they possibly ban him for that when he hasn't been convicted of it?

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He's got 3 convictions for assault.

I'm sure many players have a conviction for something.  just like many in wider society.  It would be impossible to single Goodwillie out for having a criminal record without having to get rid of all players (and potentially managers such as Martindale) that have criminal convictions.

A big can of worms that isn't practical to implement.

The Universal Declaration of Human Rights states in Article 23.1:

(1) Everyone has the right to work, to free choice of employment, to just and favourable conditions of work and to protection against unemployment.

— Universal Declaration of Human Rights, United Nations General Assembly

The International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights states in Part III, Article 6:[1]

(1) The States Parties to the present Covenant recognize the right to work, which includes the right of everyone to the opportunity to gain his living by work which he freely chooses or accepts, and will take appropriate steps to safeguard this right.

(2) The steps to be taken by a State Party to the present Covenant to achieve the full realization of this right shall include technical and vocational guidance and training programmes, policies and techniques to achieve steady economic, social and cultural development and full and productive employment under conditions safeguarding fundamental political and economic freedoms to the individual.

— International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, United Nations General Assembly

You're getting on shaky ground when you start deciding who can and can't work - but why as a brand Raith Rovers want to commit suicide I'm not sure.
Edited by LeodhasXD

The football club could well go bust at the end of the season, as I dont think many season tickets will be sold for next year, no sponsor would want to touch us with a barge pole, and we the supporters would find it very difficult to buy just the club name, registration and place , even if we could we'd end up in the lower extremities of the leagues playing out of Warout in Glenrothes or some other ground

All because Management the CEO and 4 board members decided to stick two fingers up to the very people that keep tge club alive

20 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Absolutely. Other players who have committed crimes (not only sexual) during their contract period have been emptied presumably because there is a standard clause in their contract about "tarnishing the club's reputation / bringing the club into disrepute". The Raith BoD do not even have this luxury because their hubris led them to believe that they knew better than the opinions of the "little people" who are the beating heart of the club.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

Are any fans stepping away 
What was the gate the other night compared to normal 
Myself and several others have said we won't be back. I went to the game last night in the hope there would be some form of protest and was left dissapointed. I couldn't even celebrate when we scored. The attendance was around 1050.