Falkirk 1 Queen’s Park 1

17 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

So what's the odds on QP and Falkirk are in a bidding war to bring in Badwillie on loan?

Could he even play for another team this season? Even though he didn't actually set foot on the park he has still been signed for 2 clubs already. Not quite sure of the rules. 

Anyway enough of that wallop. Hoping we reveal a decent midfield loan signing today, it's the one area where we need to see positive change. 

It’s Super Soccer Saturday right enough with this top-of-the-middle-table clash. It’s refreshing to see some exciting new talent joining the squad but our existing exciting new talents have been, variable. The expected “bounce” when a new guy takes over the team has been more of a dull thud. What can be predicted is this; if Falkirk wins QP will drop out of the top four for the first time. If Clyde beat EF (possible) QP will be sixth. The only upside on that I can offer is any new prospective manager will have a ripe opportunity to make his mark.

Met Office still predicting pishing rain and swirling winds. What’s not to love about Scottish football. 2-1 to QP, Charlie Fox to get a hat-trick.

Guest TedCrilly

I wouldn’t mind a slight tweak and going for a 3-4-3 look tomorrow. 

Mutch

Mills-Watson-ATS/Dixon(whoever is fit)

Williamson-Jacobs-Telfer-McCann

Morrison-Dowds-Kabia

Hopefully Rennie will eject the remaining two jobbers of Miller and McGuffie, although he seems to have a hard on for the latter.

It’s a massive game for Rennie as a defeat tomorrow will raise serious questions imo. I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt but as it stands, Sheerin would have matched his points tally without adding the extra players. At this moment, I still believe he will come good. COYB etc.

Edited by TedCrilly

A very slight possibility of a record book entry tomorrow (and I stress slight). The last club to get battered 6-0, and then turn it around in the same season, and win the return fixture?

I know Clydebank did it in season 69/70. We beat them by a higher score (7-0), at Kilbowie, then managed to get beat 1-2 by them at Brockville in the return fixture. 
So, FFC have an opportunity to inflict the same sort of unwelcome pub quiz question on QP tomorrow. Let’s be honest, if Martin Rennie has any realistic hope of grabbing 4th spot, it has to get going tomorrow. 

A QP win then puts MR’s points per game average as 1…………….exactly the same as Sheerin, and that is nowhere near good enough.

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
20 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:
We nearly managed it two years ago against Dumbarton
Beat them 6-0 at home and needed a 90th minute penalty to salvage a point at the rock 

Rays last game?

It was. 

1 hour ago, TedCrilly said:

I wouldn’t mind a slight tweak and going for a 3-4-3 look tomorrow. 

Mutch

Mills-Watson-ATS/Dixon(whoever is fit)

Williamson-Jacobs-Telfer-McCann

Morrison-Dowds-Kabia

Hopefully Rennie will eject the remaining two jobbers of Miller and McGuffie, although he seems to have a hard on for the latter.

It’s a massive game for Rennie as a defeat tomorrow will raise serious questions imo. I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt but as it stands, Sheerin would have matched his points tally without adding the extra players. At this moment, I still believe he will come good. COYB etc.

A very lightweight midfield.

23 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

We nearly managed it two years ago against Dumbarton

Beat them 6-0 at home and needed a 90th minute penalty to salvage a point at the rock 

True, close, but no cigar. The other factor in 69 the winners in both games were the away team, so I suppose that adds on another degree of complexity we are unlikely to witness any time soon.

I was hanging on here hoping for a 6ft midfield predator appearing out of nowhere, but it’s looking less and less likely.

Guest TedCrilly
34 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

A very lightweight midfield.

Yeah I can’t disagree but Miller is like a man down. Not sure who else could play beside Jacobs as I’d kinda hoped we would have seen another centre mid recruited. Nesbitt, Jacobs and Telfer didn’t work either. 

ETA: Wild but maybe Hetherington could be worth a second chance when back fit alongside Jacobs. Take the captaincy and pressure off him. 

Edited by TedCrilly

25 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

It's a worry that Quitongo got 20 minutes off the bench against Alloa, then just 10 minutes in the Clyde game and didn't feature at all last week against Airdrie.

Noticed that last week. Moore wasn’t even listed in the squad prior to the match. Quitongo didn’t even warm up at any point during the game. Only assumption is that he pulled up in the warm up ?

Need Quitongo firing to give us any chance of having success this season. Not keen on the idea of him being played upfront, need him out wide. A terrific player but hopefully this injury hasn’t stalled him too much 

Edited by qpfc

Yeah I can’t disagree but Miller is like a man down. Not sure who else could play beside Jacobs as I’d kinda hoped we would have seen another centre mid recruited. Nesbitt, Jacobs and Telfer didn’t work either. 
ETA: Wild but maybe Hetherington could be worth a second chance when back fit alongside Jacobs. Take the captaincy and pressure off him. 
Id genuinely consider putting Hetherington in rahther than play both of Telfer and Nesbit atm, and would 100% play him instead of Miller, shite though he may be.

He should of course be sent out under no illusions that if he doesn't cement somecunt in the first 5 minutes hes coming off for the young academy laddie.

I would avoid having Miller in the team at all costs tbh. Hetherington hopefully still injured so he doesn't stink out the place either, he should never be forgiven for assisting 3 of the QP goals in the 6-0 game.

Mutch

Williamson Mills Watson Dixon McCann

Jacobs Telfer
Morrison

Dowds Kabia 

Martin, ATS, Willamson, Miller, McGuffie, Ross, Nesbitt, Ompreon, Wilson

Hopefully Rennie doesn't need to utilise the 5 subs, because that is a largely honking bench

Not an ideal midfield in terms of balance or for getting the most out of Morrison or Telfer, but probably about as effective as we can be with the squad we have.

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876