The Lee Bullen Derby - Ayr vs Pars 5/2/22

I think if we still had 7 man benches Thomas might not have made it last weekend. Hughes has talked of him being a few weeks away from 100% and needing bounce games,  with Dow and Lawless being in reasonable form I think he'll be on the bench again,   ready to come on after an hour and light shit up. 

Either something will click and we will stick 5 past Dunfermline or Bullen will play the same team that bored their way to only losing 1-0 on Tuesday expecting us to win. 

2-0 Dunfermline, goal either side oh half time. Ayr to have 1 shot at goal, from distance. Bullen to make 2 subs, one where he replaces the right back again to increase our attacking threat and to really go for it late on, Albinson for McAdams. 

An after match interview describing us as "unlucky" and "getting closer" 

It's quite funny to me seeing the reaction on this thread,  We're not long away from feeling exactly if not worse than the ayr fans right now,  but 3 weeks without losing suddenly makes us confident again.  We still have a hell of a lot of work to do before we can truly claim to have turned the corner.

22 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Not feeling confident ahead of this. Ayr are on a poor run and these are the sort of games we always lose. No club in the world loses to out of form teams as regularly as we do.

Like last weekend?

40 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Not feeling confident ahead of this. Ayr are on a poor run and these are the sort of games we always lose. No club in the world loses to out of form teams as regularly as we do.

Yank Big Fish GIF by SA Company

10 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Either something will click and we will stick 5 past Dunfermline or Bullen will play the same team that bored their way to only losing 1-0 on Tuesday expecting us to win. 

2-0 Dunfermline, goal either side oh half time. Ayr to have 1 shot at goal, from distance. Bullen to make 2 subs, one where he replaces the right back again to increase our attacking threat and to really go for it late on, Albinson for McAdams. 

An after match interview describing us as "unlucky" and "getting closer" 

Sounds about right.

There’s only so many games you can give him the benefit of the doubt in certain aspects.

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

Based on the weather forecast this could well be in doubt I'd have thought?

Doubt there will be more than a few CM should be fairly easy to clear, unless it chucks down at half 2

Not confident at all tbh. We need to actually play a team that might try to play football and win. We hopefully now have some players that can do that, players that aren't shite bags and are brave enough to really have a go at taking the game to our opponents. Maybe not though, the jury's out. 

I pray that tomorrow is the day it works for Bullen, it really needs to be now. 

Ayr 1-3 Dunfermline.

43 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Not even purchasing the stream until I know what team we are putting out. If he’s not playing with two strikers and actual wingers it will go the same way as the other games and we will lose 

Muirhead needs either dropped or put back to defence and I’d like to see how Ashford and Adeloye work together. Rowe and O’Connor to start as well.

Fully expecting to be let down come 2.15 tomorrow though.

On 01/02/2022 at 16:21, Oceanlineayr said:

For the first time in a good while I'm looking forward to going to see Ayr this weekend seeing as the club brought in some much needed new faces.

Dumfermline do seem to have sorted themselves out since their 5-0 loss to Morton so I reckon this will be a close one.  1-1 draw, Chalmers to score a 35 yard freekick for Dunfermline with McInroy scoring a 25 yard volley at the Somerset Road End on his debut.

After Tuesday's game my optimism I had when I posted this has taken a beating.

I really hope something clicks but I'm struggling to see where that will come from. We'll likely offer a token shot at goal early on but all Dunfermline have to do is put aerial balls into the box and they will eventually score. Ayr will bring on subs around 85 minutes by which point we'll be 2 down.

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

Hoping we line up a bit like this on Saturday, gives licence for the full backs to get up the pitch but also giving plenty of cover in the midfield, it's a must win game on sat for me, no point playing not to get beat.5455f866b82950a510cc56fe5d32c68e.jpg

More or less the same but with McGinty hooked for Muirhead. I'm not convinced Bullen will do that. I do worry we see Muirhead 'protecting the back four' again.