Winter Olympics Beijing 2022

Bully Wee Villa

59 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Must say Steve Cram is a really good presenter.....with every games he is becoming more and more knowledgeable and works realIy well with co-commentators whether Rhona or Jackie (canna really listen to her without thinking about a couple of incredibly boozy nights out I had with her husband in New York about ten years ago......)

I  would imagine many viewers have no idea who Cram is and his history...perhaps believing that he is simply a Curling commentator.

This is Cram’s 4th Winter Olympics as a curling commentator - he’s pretty knowledgeable. 

Before Cram it was Dougie Donnelly who was also pretty good. 

1 hour ago, Caledonian1 said:

Must say Steve Cram is a really good presenter.....with every games he is becoming more and more knowledgeable and works realIy well with co-commentators whether Rhona or Jackie (canna really listen to her without thinking about a couple of incredibly boozy nights out I had with her husband in New York about ten years ago......)

I  would imagine many viewers have no idea who Cram is and his history...perhaps believing that he is simply a Curling commentator.

You realise Cram has commentated on athletics for the BBC for years, right?

That’s a good win against one of the gold medal favourites to try and move on from the disappointing loss to Switzerland. Like I’d said yesterday you’d take 1-1 from the first two.

Tomorrow’s actions sees the men take on USA (1am GMT) and Norway (12pm GMT) whilst the women play South Korea (6am GMT)

Hoping for 3 wins tomorrow but all tricky games. 

18 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

You realise Cram has commentated on athletics for the BBC for years, right?

Yes, of course I do.  I am saying that he is a really good Curling presenter.....i would imagine most athletics fans would have no idea that he has such an interest and knowledge of curling - very diverse sports and well done to him I say.

Just the one game for the women in the curling tomorrow as they take on South Korea at 6.05 am

Double dunt for the men with the USA at 1.05 am and Norway at lunchtime.

One of the things they were talking about on commentary through the night was that the practice time available is vastly reduced from previous games. Partly down to athletes having to be in the country quite early to comply with Covid testing etc, but mainly down to the mixed pairs being on. Some curlers had hardly thrown a stone for a week before starting today.

4 hours ago, Lurkst said:

Watched one of her routines earlier and thought it was incredible. Slightly tarnished now 😐

Yeah I saw her the other day and the commentator on Eurosport was already proclaiming her as the best female skater in history at 15 years old. Whatever the outcome she'll have this hanging over her for the rest of her career now. 

Mouat lost to USA overnight. Muirhead just started against Korea and they get out of jail in the second end. A poor last stone from Eve leaves the Korean skip a fairly simple takeout for 3, but Kim EunJung makes a mistake and it’s a steal of 1 for GB.