St Johnstone vs Dundee United - 5 February 2022

So off the back of a much needed and battling win against the West Lothian club, saints will be looking to go three unbeaten and pick up a second win in a row against a faltering United. 

Have we finally found a way to score goals in the system, I’d say not but the signs of encouragement are there. Have United found a way to score goals on their system, we that’s for their fans to comment on. Either way this is once again a huge game for both, a saints win drags United just that little closer to the mix, a United win probably makes them safe from being caught. 

Hopefully we unleash the Bair at some point! 

3 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

If Ciftci still injured? Seeing the great man in the flesh again is about the only thing stopping me from swerving a game at McDiarmid for the first time since the Perth Pak were still wearing Evisu jeans.

Yeah he pulled a hamstring a week ago, so he’s out for another couple of weeks at the very least. 

Hugely important to get something here so the good work of the Livingston game isn't wasted. It would also be good to give the home support something to shout about. 

Hopefully we'll see some of the new signings get a decent opportunity.

32 minutes ago, Widge said:

Yeah he pulled a hamstring a week ago, so he’s out for another couple of weeks at the very least. 

Does want to face United imo, it would be too emotionally draining.

I could be very happy or incredibly unhappy depending upon the result of this one.  We need a far better team performance than we had n the derby; who knows, maybe even a shot on target!

To highlight how precarious our situation is, if we don't win this, you are probably behind schedule on where you need to be if you are going to reach 36 points. Absolutely no room for complacency just because we've recorded one victory. 

The Livingston result was a good one but came off the back of only a point against Dundee. 

Certainly can't complain about a lack of options but that will present its own challenges puts pressure on the manager to get things right.

Lasf time we beat/scored against United at home, Zander Clark made his debut.

Hopefully a decent crowd given Tuesday's win and a plethora of new faces. 

14 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Think Mulgrew will be back for this so likely see a back 4. Wonder if Courts will change to Levitt and the laddy from Arsenal in the middle with Pawlett alongside them in midfield. 

Pretty much a given hell line up with McNulty Clark Watt as the 3 upfront. 

Which means we're going with a back 5.

Oh joy.

15 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Think Mulgrew will be back for this so likely see a back 4. Wonder if Courts will change to Levitt and the laddy from Arsenal in the middle with Pawlett alongside them in midfield. 

Pretty much a given hell line up with McNulty Clark Watt as the 3 upfront. 

Will he drop Butcher after he's performed so well at centre half? I reckon he's more likely to stick with a three Butcher, Edwards and Mulgrew.

I think I'd probably go with

Siegrist

Freeman Edwards Mulgrew McMann

McDonald Levitt

Pawlett Clark Niskannen

Watt

Takes Watt out of his favoured position but he's largely wasted out there without a decent centre forward to hit with the cross balls. 

6 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Will he drop Butcher after he's performed so well at centre half? I reckon he's more likely to stick with a three Butcher, Edwards and Mulgrew.

Siegrist

McDonald Levitt

Pawlett Clark Niskannen

Watt

Takes Watt out of his favoured position but he's largely wasted out there without a decent centre forward to hit with the cross balls. 

I'd be happy with that. I'd actually forgotten about Mcdonald! 

31 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Siegrist

McDonald Levitt

Pawlett Clark Niskannen

Watt

Please no Clark as an attacking midfielder, he is terrible there 

1 minute ago, Tap in 94 said:

Please no Clark as an attacking midfielder, he is terrible there 

What if we call him a second striker rather than an attacking midfielder? I'm not married to the guy and in an ideal world would probably prefer someone better but he's an intelligent, mature player and links the play better than anyone else we currently have in that position. Maybe Watt could do that job but then who goes to centre forward: McNulty? Clark himself?

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

Siegrist

McDonald Levitt

Pawlett Clark Niskannen

Watt

Not sure if both Mulgrew and Freeman will be fit. I can see Smith and Butcher in the back 4. I can also see Tim replacing McDonald when he surely tires.

Happy to just go with the flow in this one in terms of set up/personnel.

Game v Livi was what we want to see and the new signings seem to have revitalised the club, so it's sort of a fresh start for everyone now. 

Would like to see Sang in for Brown and probably Crawford dropped despite scoring the winner, and Hendry has to start, but apart from that I'm not too bothered about who starts.