St Johnstone vs Dundee United - 5 February 2022

10 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Don't worry Niskanen has chucked it 

Don't agree with this at all. Suspect it is far, far more to do with the poor tactics and incredibly slow attack, and the fact half the time he's back defending. Also lost count of the number of times.I've seen him make runs or be clear and be ignored, only for the ball to be launched or passed to a crowded area of the pitch, invariably meaning our powderpuff team loses it and we face another attack.

Have absolutely no confiidence that we'll get a shot on target, nevermind score or win. It will be the usual, slow, side to side.passing, midfield too deep, everyone back for a corner snooze fest again. Unless of course Tam's had an epiphany!

4 hours ago, Tannadeechee said:

Don't agree with this at all. Suspect it is far, far more to do with the poor tactics and incredibly slow attack, and the fact half the time he's back defending. 

He almost never tracks back. McMann was left exposed 2 on 1 all the time when he was playing. 

4 hours ago, Finn Seemann said:

See some suggestions that we are in for Snodgrass!  Seeing as we seem to be in the market for patched up old pros, I think Hoddle, Ardiles and Villa are just what we are looking for...

Screw that.  Bring back Olofsson, Zetterlund and Pedersen.

9 hours ago, Finn Seemann said:

See some suggestions that we are in for Snodgrass!  Seeing as we seem to be in the market for patched up old pros, I think Hoddle, Ardiles and Villa are just what we are looking for...

Pretty much the same common reaction to rumours of Mulgrew signing.

We’ve got zero creativity, so if there’s a guy available who was performing well in the Premier League a couple of years ago, I for one would be willing to give him a shot.

23 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Don't worry Niskanen has chucked it 

7 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

He almost never tracks back. McMann was left exposed 2 on 1 all the time when he was playing. 

Don't agree with this, although it appears the management team has lost some of the early confidence they had in him. I think recently McMann's missed Mulgrew's presence.

Niskanen usually creates a very good chance every time he comes on, for a team bereft of resourceful forward players and ideas. Bringing in Watt for the same position 4 months after chasing and signing him puzzles me.

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

Pretty much the same common reaction to rumours of Mulgrew signing.

We’ve got zero creativity, so if there’s a guy available who was performing well in the Premier League a couple of years ago, I for one would be willing to give him a shot.

Aye, we don't have much artistry in the side, he's worth a gamble if it doesn't cost too much.

45 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I'd be happy with Snodgrass, would mean inconsistent Pawlett getting dropped surely. 

Like I say, he'd be a gamble given how few games he's played in the past couple of years, and most of these have been in central midfield. Kevin McDonald likewise.

Snodgrass? Definitely. Cant see it though.

If he really is interested in coming up the road im guessing this rumour means he'll be signing for Hibs. Id be stunned if we could afford him but maybe thats why we've been clearing the decks?

Just chucking a couple of line ups out there, not ones id expect to start but something a little different maybe.

Benji

Smith Edwards Graham McMann 

McDonald Butcher Levitt  

Niskanen   Clark    Watt

Benji

Smith Edwards Butcher McMann 

Pawlett McDonald Levitt Niskanen

Clark  Watt

Our striking options fairly limited just now.

Kane and Ciftci injured.

Vertainen seemingly away.

Bair not cleared to play yet.

So its Hendry, May and Hector-Ingram for us, plus Middleton.