Livingston v Aberdeen

7 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

That new Dutch boy is a complete and utter embarrassment for aberdeen, disgraceful. Booing the knee too, classy from dons fans as ever. 

Pretty sure there was some booing in C3 as well, hopefully I either heard wrong (what else would they be booing though) or they were telt by those around them. 

Just now, LiviLion said:

The fact you're clinging on to a single incident kind of says it all.

FWIW "stonewall" is a stretch and a half, it would have been soft but wouldn't have been surprised if it was given

It would not have been soft. 

We were well beaten tbh and I don’t feel particularly hard done by the ref but seriously the livi fans outrage is quite incredible. I’m genuinely astounded by it. 

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It would not have been soft. 

We were well beaten tbh and I don’t feel particularly hard done by the ref but seriously the livi fans outrage is quite incredible. I’m genuinely astounded by it. 

It definitely would have been. Its a slight wee tug.

On your second point, it's probably something to do with Livi fouls being deservedly punished, then the same foul being ignored the other way around almost every time. The red card just topped it off. Shortly after that Besuijen took a heavy touch and won a corner for it, all the little things you'd usually be happy to ignore in isolation.

Always find it a bit weird that football fans actively refuse to see things rationally but there you go. 

Edited by LiviLion

Just now, LiviLion said:

It definitely would have been. Its a slight wee tug.

Come on man, be serious. He’s past him and he pulls him back. It’s a clear foul. 

As I say, we were well beaten. I’m not clinging to this. But it’s a pen. No two ways about it. 

5 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

The fact you're clinging on to a single incident kind of says it all.

FWIW "stonewall" is a stretch and a half, it would have been soft but wouldn't have been surprised if it was given

No such thing as a soft penalty, it’s either a penalty, ie a foul in the box, or it’s not a penalty. The pull on Ferguson was a penalty.

Nouble was unlucky to be sent off in the last match. I wasn't there today but the BBC report, at least, judged Montaño's to be harsh again today. The strong feeling is probably off the back of this.

Didn’t play especially well but don’t think we deserved to lose. Only really started going for it at 2-0 which is frustrating. Who would have thought having more attacking players on the pitch would make us more effective going forward? Two centre mids is enough.

Clancy was a shambles for both teams. Blew up for the slightest hint of a foul but missed a few obvious ones.

Our support were an embarrassment at times, they have the team they deserve.

5 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Nouble was unlucky to be sent off in the last match. I wasn't there today but the BBC report, at least, judged Montaño's to be harsh again today. The strong feeling is probably off the back of this.

He tried to grab Vicente just as Anderson pushed him. Looked like he'd actually hauled him down.

Basically Anderson being an idiot is what caused the red card.

Anyway, an enjoyable game all things considered. I thought Lewis done quite well in the first half, was surprised he got subbed at half time until I remembered that's his first bit of football since getting injured back in September, hope he can build on that. Good to see Fitzwater and Obileye put their midweek shakiness behind them and a bit more themselves today. Anderson done well holding the ball up, bit of a thankless task when we set up to defend but he's done well again today. 

I think that's the last we'll see of Chukwuemeka tbh, on the pitch for about 5 minutes and spent most of it just standing about offside, the one time he was onside he just gave the ball away. I'd love him to prove me wrong and do something productive before the end of the season but he just doesn't look arsed. 

Was quite impressed with Besuijen (when he was actually playing football), took some good touches and looked very dangerous when he had the ball. You look at the players Aberdeen have and its almost amazing they're not doing better, you'd think any semi competent manager gets them a lot closer to 3rd, wouldn't expect some of those players to be in the bottom half. 

22 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Montano got sent off for protecting a fouled Livi player being dragged up off the ground by Besuijen, who then threw himself to the ground when Montano gave him a wee push away.  Ref completely lost the plot booking Livi players all over the place. We were cruising the game but it turned into a big drama with the inept refereeing at the end. Deserved win for Livi in the end, the good guys won.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Montano got sent off for protecting a fouled Livi player being dragged up off the ground by Ojo, who then threw himself to the ground when Montano gave him a wee push away.  Ref completely lost the plot booking Livi players all over the place. We were cruising the game but it turned into a big drama with the inept refereeing at the end. Deserved win for Livi in the end, the good guys won.

Crazy that you can get it so wrong. If you were there at the game then that's forgivable.

17 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

He tried to grab Vicente just as Anderson pushed him. Looked like he'd actually hauled him down.

Basically Anderson being an idiot is what caused the red card.

Bollocks, Anderson was fouled and Besuijen tried to haul him up off the ground, Montano got involved to push him away and the wee cheat throws himself to the ground.

This game was wasted by constant fouling, not a great watch, but a great 3 points for Livi, the first half again Livi had the 3 midfielders sitting too deep,the first 25 min Forrest was invisible due to the whole midfields tactics.Second half Livi got the midfield playing in the Dons half,and Forrest seen more of the ball.
Lewis is one  of the worst midfielders I've ever seen period,Chuky looks poor,but not enough game time to fully access. For me,Pittmans best days are behind him

Stryjek   7/10
Devlin    8/10  
Fitzwater 6/10
Obileye   6.5/10
Penrice   5.5/10
Omeonga   6/10
Holt      7/10
Lewis     1/10
Montaño   5/10
Anderson  5/10
Forrest   8.5/10

Pittman   4/10
Chukwuemeka
Boyes
Bailey 

1 minute ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

To me it looked like he tripped over something when he got pushed. 

Nope, shouldn't have been trying to haul Anderson up in the first place, did the exact same thing a minute or 2 later, deliberately getting in the face of one of our defenders and throwing himself to the ground again, when the ball had gone out for a corner.

This game was wasted by constant fouling, not a great watch, but a great 3 points for Livi, the first half again Livi had the 3 midfielders sitting too deep,the first 25 min Forrest was invisible due to the whole midfields tactics.Second half Livi got the midfield playing in the Dons half,and Forrest seen more of the ball.
Lewis is one  of the worst midfielders I've ever seen period,Chuky looks poor,but not enough game time to fully access. For me,Pittmans best days are behind him
Stryjek   7/10
Devlin    8/10  
Fitzwater 6/10
Obileye   6.5/10
Penrice   5.5/10
Omeonga   6/10
Holt      7/10
Lewis     1/10
Montaño   5/10
Anderson  5/10
Forrest   8.5/10
Pittman   4/10
Chukwuemeka
Boyes
Bailey 
Clancy's performance is now the second worst of the day....rocket

5 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Right in front of me, i saw it all, cheating we c**t was the only one deserving a card.

You got the wrong player for a start 🤣🤣

Anderson wasn't 'hauled off the ground'. I've had the benefit of a million replays of the incident. Anderson then pushed Vicente.

Just now, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Im sure you had no issue with Stryjek feigning injury to kill time near the end? 

Of course you didn't. Yous are a bunch of weirdos. 

Did an Aberdeen player get sent off? Booked? Even a foul?

It's not even close to the same then, is it? :lol: