Morton v Queens

Other side of the coin is that this is exactly the kind of game Morton fans have come to dread... everything going far too well... and we rarely take one-off opportunities to put teams away (which this most definitely is).

We'll see next week whether those days are behind us and, as the OP suggests, twisting rather than sticking turns out be the difference.

You have to fancy us... but the minute I have that thought, I start to imagine the wheels coming off.

Thinking we'll win games doesn't come easy to us Ton fans. 

We need a different mind set at Cappielow as we should feel confident. 

It's the Championship and anything can happen, but there is no doubt Morton under Imrie is a different beast altogether

Expect a routine 3 pts for Imrieball

Naw really sure what Imrieball is tbh, and not really sure you do either. We have played much better football with Imrie in charge than we ever did with Gus in charge. We have a much better application and desire and in my opinion won’t finish in the bottom 2, which I think we would’ve with Gus in charge.

Huge game for both teams

Team full of confidence playing against a team who can't buy a win never sits comfortably with me. 

However, need to fancy us strongly. Everyone playing well, scoring goals and keeping it tight at the back. Even the subs are having an impact when called upon.

Win and can't see Queens gaining 8/9 points more than us with 12 games  to go. 

Really hope we get a decent crowd in. Players and Dougie deserve it.

2-0.

Can't wait for this. For the first time in ages I'm actually looking forward to games again.

Queens always give us a good game at scapa but there's really no reason that we shouldn't be going out an winning this one. Unfamiliar territory with us being favourites and it'll be tight but we have enough to get the three points. I'd like to see Wilson start for blues.

Hamilton

Lithgow McLean mcentee 

Brandon Lyon Wilson Oliver strapp.      

Ugwu.   Reilly.  

Subs- bysouth, ledger, Russell, blues, muirhead, McGregor, King.

That's a decent starting 11 and a bit of depth on the bench too.  3-1 ton

14 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

If we win this we'll have taken more points in the six games under Imrie than we did in the 18 before he took over.

No manager could possibly do better with the squad MacPherson had at his disposal, though.

We’ve got one who could do worse than Gus!

3 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

We’ve got one who could do worse than Gus!

Funny you should say that because Queens have taken the same number of points from the last 16 games as Morton did from their16 games before they sacked MacPherson. Respective records of Johnston over the last 16 games and MacPherson this season until his sacking:

Morton P16 W2 D7 L7 Pts13 GD -8

Queens P16 W2 D7 L7 Pts13 GD -10

1 minute ago, Flash said:

Funny you should say that because Queens have taken the same number of points from the last 16 games as Morton did from their16 games before they sacked MacPherson. Respective records of Johnston over the last 16 games and MacPherson this season until his sacking:

Morton P16 W2 D7 L7 Pts13 GD -8

Queens P16 W2 D7 L7 Pts13 GD -10

That's fucking grim reading. Annoys me even more now that McPherson was allowed the amount of time he had.

6 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

That's fucking grim reading. Annoys me even more now that McPherson was allowed the amount of time he had.

Queens have also won 2 and lost 10 of their last 16 home league games in the last 11 months. There can’t be many managers who are kept on after that. It isn’t as though the away record is outstanding. Last away win was on 11 September.