Dundee United v Motherwell. Wednesday 9th February 7.45

Van Veenis no better than Jordan White. We should’ve given Watt what he was in and vice versa.

Midfield balance has never been achieved all season with various degrees of shite thrown in the mix.

Woolery/Roberts/Amaluzar/Van Veen/Shields has got to be among the weakest front lines in the league and despite only seeing his cameo v Celtic I’m prepared to label the new American boy as a weird panic/mental/shite signing who’ll still he sitting on zero goals come May.

Honestly wouldn’t trust Alexander with making anymore additions or a rebuild.

3 hours ago, Desp said:

Alan never sits in the directors box as far as I'm aware.  He always watches the game from around the tunnel area.  He stands about 10 yards along from the tunnel for games at Fir Park.

I like what I've heard in interviews from Alan Burrows, but didn't realise he was on the touchline for matches. He's leaving himself open to issues if he does that in my view, as he is a fan and it must be difficult not to act like a fan in that position.

16 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I like what I've heard in interviews from Alan Burrows, but didn't realise he was on the touchline for matches. He's leaving himself open to issues if he does that in my view, as he is a fan and it must be difficult not to act like a fan in that position.

This is an old photo as a lot of stuff isn't there anymore (pitch-side wall for example), but he watches the game from where the yellow circle is. Has done since he started working for the club about 15 years ago.

fir_park04.jpg.c5e21175015ffbb596a873c9fff6edb9.jpg

Given the draw of the Old Firm is stronger the further west you go you have to salute folk who support their local team.  Have always found the Motherwell fans in particular to be the antithesis of the fans of the Ugly Sisters.  I like the people of North Lanarkshire generally - they call a spade a spade.

19 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I think I’d back Tony Watt and Craig Brown in a tag team match against John Boyle and Alan Burrows.

Get it on PPV.

Bevis would be in our team, no contest. He has won matches with Watt and St Mirren’s Alnwick in the past 2 weeks.

1 minute ago, Tannadeechee said:

Taking it well... Did they really think singing "Tony Watt is a w****r" on and off for 60 minutes he wouldn't react? Shitehousery is one of his specialities.

Depends. 

Did Watt really think weeks of kissing the badge and inferring he’d be staying only to push through a move to direct rivals mid season wouldn’t result in a bit of push back?

We have all done it. Give certain footballers dogs abuse for 90 mins then if they have the audacity to react by shooshing the crowd etc, we all go apoplectic. To be honest though, i cant remember shouting or singing that i hoped a player died in their sleep. Bit much that

1 minute ago, Twinkle said:

We have all done it. Give certain footballers dogs abuse for 90 mins then if they have the audacity to react by shooshing the crowd etc, we all go apoplectic. To be honest though, i cant remember shouting or singing that i hoped a player died in their sleep. Bit much that

I’d gamble dying in one’s sleep is the best that one can hope for

17 hours ago, Finn Seemann said:

Given the draw of the Old Firm is stronger the further west you go you have to salute folk who support their local team.  Have always found the Motherwell fans in particular to be the antithesis of the fans of the Ugly Sisters.  I like the people of North Lanarkshire generally - they call a spade a spade.

As an exiled highlander in the capital as a youth I used to live in Gorgie. We'd go and watch games at Tynecastle, in the old terraced away end. Apart from when the Dandies were in town (and the cheeks whose games we avoided) the fans from Motherwell were always the most amusing. 

Always admired fans of teams in the west who don't go down the 'easy route'.

7 minutes ago, Jimmain said:

As an exiled highlander in the capital as a youth I used to live in Gorgie. We'd go and watch games at Tynecastle, in the old terraced away end. Apart from when the Dandies were in town (and the cheeks whose games we avoided) the fans from Motherwell were always the most amusing. 

Always admired fans of teams in the west who don't go down the 'easy route'.

I will take amusing.