Rangers v Hibernian

I apologise if this has been picked up wrong, but on the chance that this was some form of dig at Rangers not being a club motivated to act, then I suggest you review what actions were taken against those that were identified giving Kyogo racial abuse. 2 people indefinitely banned from Ibrox I believe and a full supporters clubs ticket privileges removed.
Again, just disregard this if that’s not how it was intended. It’s hard to tell sometimes via text.
If only they took the same approach to sectarianism.

Just now, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, AJF said:
I apologise if this has been picked up wrong, but on the chance that this was some form of dig at Rangers not being a club motivated to act, then I suggest you review what actions were taken against those that were identified giving Kyogo racial abuse. 2 people indefinitely banned from Ibrox I believe and a full supporters clubs ticket privileges removed.
Again, just disregard this if that’s not how it was intended. It’s hard to tell sometimes via text.

If only they took the same approach to sectarianism.

They do to an extent. Earlier in the season 3 people were banned after they were filmed singing the famine song. I think the wider issue is identification if there are large numbers of people singing/chanting things, particularly at away games.

They do to an extent. Earlier in the season 3 people were banned after they were filmed singing the famine song. I think the wider issue is identification if there are large numbers of people singing/chanting things, particularly at away games.
They definitely don't, if the entire away end were singing racist songs I'd imagine they'd be identifying as many people as possible and banning them, it also wouldnt be blatantly ignored by the media & relevant authorities.

12 minutes ago, Empty It said:
24 minutes ago, AJF said:

They definitely don't, if the entire away end were singing racist songs I'd imagine they'd be identifying as many people as possible and banning them, it also wouldnt be blatantly ignored by the media & relevant authorities.

The problem is the actual identification though. How do you determine who is singing, who isn’t. How do you determine who is sitting in which seat?

Im not sure what it’s like for other clubs, but with Rangers, away tickets get passed around all the time due to the demand. 9 times out of 10 when I attend an away match, it is with a ticket that was originally allocated to someone else from the club.

I have been officially allocated 2 away tickets this season despite applying for every match, so it’s impossible to say who is using each ticket or who is sitting in each seat.

Then you need to factor in the tickets allocated to supporters clubs, who don’t have an individual name attached to it.

Edited by AJF

22 minutes ago, AJF said:

with Rangers, away tickets get passed around all the time due to the demand. 9 times out of 10 when I attend an away match, it is with a ticket that was originally allocated to someone else from the club.

I understand why you say that...................but that is Rangers problem to solve. 

Clubs are supposed to be able to identify people who they sell tickets to.

If they cant, or if there is an implicit suggestion that they condone a secondary market, then that needs resolved.

20 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I understand why you say that...................but that is Rangers problem to solve. 

Clubs are supposed to be able to identify people who they sell tickets to.

If they cant, or if there is an implicit suggestion that they condone a secondary market, then that needs resolved.

It’s not really something they can prohibit or stop though, so it causes an issue.

As I said before, they tackle it to an extent. I’m not saying it is perfect, but the balance is hard.

I’m not even sure if it would be considered illegal under any ticket tout laws if someone sells someone else their ticket at face value? So to say they condone it, well, is there anything being done wrong? I genuinely don’t know.

Edit: I just checked my ticket for the upcoming Dundee Utd away match, and on the back it states:

“This ticket is issued subject to the following conditions…

a. It shall not be resold for more than the face value.”

So it appears you can sell it on or give it away, as long as it is not sold for more than the ticket price.

Edited by AJF

It’s not really something they can prohibit or stop though, so it causes an issue.
As I said before, they tackle it to an extent. I’m not saying it is perfect, but the balance is hard.
I’m not even sure if it would be considered illegal under any ticket tout laws if someone sells someone else their ticket at face value? So to say they condone it, well, is there anything being done wrong? I genuinely don’t know.
Edit: I just checked my ticket for the upcoming Dundee Utd away match, and on the back it states:
So it appears you can sell it on or give it away, as long as it is not sold for more than the ticket price.
So do you reckon if the whole away stand was singing racist songs they would bother trying to identify any culprits because it'd just be too difficult to do?

2 minutes ago, Empty It said:
10 minutes ago, AJF said:

So do you reckon if the whole away stand was singing racist songs they would bother trying to identify any culprits because it'd just be too difficult to do?

No, I’m not saying they don’t bother. I’m saying it’s difficult to do so which is likely why it is not common other than instances where people are apprehended and identified by the police.

I don’t know what the solution is.

6 hours ago, AB1872 said:

Where did Merkland Red go?

In the video from Ibrox the other night we have a Hibs fan , but it could be a supporter of any club. We’ve all got them, shouting racist abuse at a ‘Rangers supporter’ and police officer standing right beside him and he does nothing.

As far as self policing goes. Absolutely! Clubs can only do so much. It’s up to the support to clean up their act. As much as I’ve little time for the Tartan Army they did it. I’m old enough to remember the 70s!

That said it has to be a zero tolerance policy towards Racist , Sectarian and Homophobic abuse. I see a sectarian term used almost daily on here. Probably used in this thread. No condemnation but excuses and denial. 

Rangers do ban many supporters. I have spoken to a few at away games. Fortunately you don’t get much where I sit at Ibrox. The Union Bears are a shower of wee wannabe fannies. Should take them over to Crossmaglen and let them sing that shitty song ! 
There has been a marked change in the home support since the Kudela incident. Shame it took that. 

Anyway whenever you’re ready Merkland Red… 

Oh and I’ve probably had a season ticket since before you were born. 1982/83.. Older Rangers fans will remember the Rover Season Ticket

Just for the record the Rangers ‘supporter’ getting abuse was Abdul. The club should reinstate his ban! An utter embarrassment to the club and one we would do without 

Makes it easier if you tag me.

Well done Hibs on taking measures to ban these idiots. Well done to the Hibs support on here for condemning their actions. No place for it in football.

7 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Makes it easier if you tag me.

Well done Hibs on taking measures to ban these idiots. Well done to the Hibs support on here for condemning their actions. No place for it in football.

I’ve never tagged you in any thread nor do I intend so but you were quick enough with your previous replies 

I take it the Hibs fans will be sticking in their fellow ‘supporter’ who threw the wine bottle into the Rangers supporter

22 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

I’ve never tagged you in any thread nor do I intend so but you were quick enough with your previous replies 

I take it the Hibs fans will be sticking in their fellow ‘supporter’ who threw the wine bottle into the Rangers supporter

This may come as a surprise, but I don't spend my whole life browsing and posting on the pie and Bovril forum.

That's a question for the Hibs fans to answer. I presume almost all of them will say they don't agree with throwing glass bottles in to a crowd of people though. Snifter aside.