The Relegation Run In

With the Barry and Bob double clown act having fallen on their swords, and Alloa having appointed Rice, I see us taking nothing this Saturday.  Turn in another performance like the one against Peterhead on Saturday (when the few good players that we have had a bad day at the office), and I think that the battle for 9th place will come down to our last game of the season against the Sons.  (We have Montrose and Airdrie to face at home yet). The last time we played Dumbarton, they were (convincingly) three up in 21 mins.  So it really is squeaky bum time for us the next few weeks.  

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I heard Alloa called Clyde a bunch of c***s. You gonny take that? 

So would you if they had taken 9 out of 9 so far 

we are due a win against them ,which goes for sod all  in reality .

1 hour ago, macclyde+ said:

Which sets us up for a 'non aggression pact of Gigon' at the Indodrill, which I am more than happy to settle for.

To be frank, if it goes to the last game I really don't fancy our chances !

Well Frankie old boy ! you still look better for staying up IMO but it is all very intriguing this poor mans battle honours .

Edited by Vegetableman

41 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

So would you if they had taken 9 out of 9 so far 

we are due a win against them ,which goes for sod all  in reality .

Well Frankie old boy ! you still look better for staying up IMO but it is all very intriguing this poor mans battle honours .

True, and you'll never have a better chance if we don't have a couple of our injured guys back for this one 

On 05/04/2022 at 12:32, Fast_Action said:

With the Barry and Bob double clown act having fallen on their swords, and Alloa having appointed Rice, I see us taking nothing this Saturday.  Turn in another performance like the one against Peterhead on Saturday (when the few good players that we have had a bad day at the office), and I think that the battle for 9th place will come down to our last game of the season against the Sons.  (We have Montrose and Airdrie to face at home yet). The last time we played Dumbarton, they were (convincingly) three up in 21 mins.  So it really is squeaky bum time for us the next few weeks.  

I'm pretty sure that if Ferguson and Malcolm were still there we'd be 9th now and quite possibly 10th. As it stands we're perhaps slightly unlucky not to be out of the battle already, we should have beaten Cove and we were going to beat QP but for a great long range hit late on when we looked pretty comfortable. But there was nothing unlucky about last week, a game where we were generally the better side but lacked the tempo of the previous games. To go 1 up in the last 10 minutes, to then be fortunate enough to equalise after subsequently going behind, and still lose, was disastrous. Hopefully Rice has learned a bit more after that, we basically had no midfield in the last 10 and that was key to a damaging defeat. 

We've been Clyde's biggest supporters this season in helping to provide 9 points and Neil Parry. We need to turn it around tomorrow with 3 points and I'd hope for a reaction after last week. If we lose we're very much back in the shit. 

Game at the Rock will be very interesting. I actually thought Peterhead looked decent when we beat them a few weeks back, indeed they looked a better side in defeat than Dumbarton did in beating us. Sons were pretty poor for the vast majority of the game and even the late rally was helped by our bizarre shape. But what will winning that game and in that manner do for them? Potential there to really galvanise everyone for a rather unlikely late survival bid.