The Relegation Run In

As everyone knows, the real excitement of the league season is always at the bottom. Numerous teams of various degrees of shiteness slogging it out for the honour of remaining in the league and doing it all again next season.

Are East Fife doomed already? I'm going to assume Clyde are basically safe and say the battle for 9th is between Peterhead, Alloa and Dumbarton. If we finish 9th we will 100% go down, I think we're on a 0/6 record in the playoffs under McInally.

Falkirk and Queen's Park did us a wee favour last night but we really need the start picking up points ourselves.

We're on cup duties this weekend so could easily find ourselves 9th by 5pm Saturday. Games of interest -

Alloa v East Fife

Clyde v Dumbarton

We’ve been stuck on for relegation from August. Absolutely no chance of us finishing anywhere but 10th.

Down to Peterhead, Dumbarton and Alloa in the battle for 9th now. I think Clyde have enough points already and with 1 or 2 wins should have enough to stay out of it.. 

3 hours ago, laughing gravie said:

I have a sneaky feeling that we might be the second team in the Scottish senior leagues with the name Brechin.  At least we should be Brechin Ath. 😂

Unfortunately, I have have to agree with that thought.

Only MM can sort things out so it, hopefully, won't happen......BUT I've a horrible feeling he's going do diddly squat to rectify the "managerial" situation.

As I posted last night bottom 5 teams have won only 3 of the last 25 games played between them. Now by anyone’s standards that is completely horrific. . I know East Fife haven’t won since October but the other 4 teams recent records must be pretty poor. Can’t see any way back for East Fife and a total shambles of summer recruitment has ultimately led to our worst season for many a year. 2nd bottom probably between Alloa, Dumbarton, and Peterhead anyone’s guess as they are all much the same. 

3 hours ago, laughing gravie said:

I have a sneaky feeling that we might be the second team in the Scottish senior leagues with the name Brechin.  At least we should be Brechin Ath. 😂

I remember a while back when PG was here last season someone on the Alloa forum suggested this and got absolutely rag dolled on here ,

BUT we are not so far away sadly .

10 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

I remember a while back when PG was here last season someone on the Alloa forum suggested this and got absolutely rag dolled on here ,

Last season we had some sort of plan, we lacked s goal scorer but at least we played football and made it hard to beat us.

There's absolutely nothing like this in place, and the signs have been there since the start of Ferguson's reign.

Defeats against Cowdenbeath and Brechin in the league cup should have had the sirens blaring, but one cock up after another has dug a hole for the team that just gets bigger.

If MM really does have aspirations for Alloa to play at the highest level, then he seriously needs a long look in the mirror and be the business man he claims to be.

10 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

Im pretty sure we are not Lowland League bound just yet, and nor are we even close to that at this point.

Don't think we're out the woods just yet 9th placed wise. Huge game Saturday as our run after that is Montrose (A), Airdrie (A), Falkirk (H), Cove (A). Not confident we'll pick up many if any points there.

Edited by CM.

2 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Im pretty sure we are not Lowland League bound just yet, and nor are we even close to that at this point.

would like to think so , i suppose i should have said we are halfway there ,

12 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Halfway to the Lowland League? We are having a crap season, but let's not get silly.

If we can just get rid of the albatross around our neck in the shape of Mr Personalityless, I'd agree with you.

But having some of last season's players is no good to us if they're on the bench or injured, and BF is using plan SFA😐

Must admit remember sitting at Broadwood watching us go two up against Clyde and the person next to me asking how many we were going to score as we were playing them off the park, added time at half time & Goodwillie bought a pen out of nothing and scored, they equalized in 2nd half and i said at the time we could well live to regret letting them back into it. Turned out they went on a fine run that has nearly got them clear. We on the other hand have been unable to get a win. Hopefully we can get a few wins and stay clear of 9th as we have a terrible record in play-offs. We have quite a few younger players in the squad that if we can survive could well do better next season.

8 hours ago, peternapper said:

Must admit remember sitting at Broadwood watching us go two up against Clyde and the person next to me asking how many we were going to score as we were playing them off the park, added time at half time & Goodwillie bought a pen out of nothing and scored, they equalized in 2nd half and i said at the time we could well live to regret letting them back into it. Turned out they went on a fine run that has nearly got them clear. We on the other hand have been unable to get a win. Hopefully we can get a few wins and stay clear of 9th as we have a terrible record in play-offs. We have quite a few younger players in the squad that if we can survive could well do better next season.

I have always expected Peterhead to have a right good go at promotion to the championship over the years but it’s never happened.

You’re always too good for league 2 but bounce between league 1 and 2 a lot. That’s certainly how I remember Peterhead being since they joined the league anyway.