Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

13 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Loads of reports that the russkies are invading at 3am Ukraine time the morra 

13 hours ago, 101 said:

Wales today reporting it. Must be true.

7 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

The Dunfermline Press reckons Russia v Ukraine, match postponed.

I think we now all know where to find the latest, most accurate invasion reports.

49 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

The old print trillions of dollars from thin air and blame someone else for inflation trick.

Biden's words sounded very much like something is going to kick off whether the parties involved want it or not.

The inflation isn't due to printing it's coordinated price gouging by monopoly interests to lower the consumption of the vast majority of people (aka the Great Reset). 

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I'm sure Russian mothers won't be happy about their conscripted sons sleeping in tents in the middle of winter for the sake of a few photo ops with world leaders and with Putin 10 metres away because he's worried about what you call the sniffles.

9 hours ago, virginton said:

If Russian mothers thought they had a say in the matter, then they're even more deluded than yourself. 

The Russian army isn't exactly known for its positive HR policies over the past few hundred years. 

I remember a grieving mother getting a syringe full of sedatives shoved into her arse cheek live on TV when she spoke up about the Kursk submarine incident...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2000/aug/25/kursk.russia3

With the financial year end closing in Defence Depts have hyped the situation beyond any sense of realism so that they can submit inflated budgets for next year. 

A bit like the pantomine we have every year with "Russian subs off UK coast" "Lossiemouth jets scrambled to say booo to Russian warplanes" to ensure the Navy and Air Force are still seen as being relevant....

Great that Falklands Veteran Prince Andrew will have less royal engagements so that he can return to military duties though

7 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Would this all be solved if NATO ask Russia if they would like to join up?

A long forgotten footnote of history is that the Soviet Union asked to join in 1954 shortly after Stalin popped his clogs. The Yeltsin era was a missed opportunity to try to have a better relationship with Russia. What tends to be brushed over by the western media is that the NATO bombing of Serbia and recognition of Kosovo as an independent state tends to be viewed in Moscow in much the same way as the west views Vlad's antics in Abkhazia, South Ossetia, Crimea and the Donbas.

3 hours ago, Detournement said:

Biden's speech suggests the USA is not interested in desecalation. 

He also said that this conflict would result in higher energy prices for Americans.

I think we've gathered that given the idiotic rhetoric being spouted by Boris, Liz and Ben over the past few days.

They're determined to have a war one way or another.

I see we can't actually threaten the Russians with sanctions yet because Parliament is in recess. 

So emergency powers are fine for handing out lucrative contracts to the chaps or for closing Parliament to avoid an embarrassing vote. 

A cynical person might conclude that the government actually thinks there's little chance of Russia invading. 

30 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Maybe if Russia didn't keep threatening, invading and slicing off territory from its neighbours, they wouldn't be asking to join NATO.

I can see the Russians point though, they always saw the Crimea as Russian and the majority there wanted to be Russian, over and above this we have NATO surrounding them in the Baltic states, Poland etc with American led "war games" taking place increasingly more often over the past couple of years. 

The fact that the legally elected leader of the Ukraine was overthrown by western jiggery pokerry and a succession of corrupt Washington puppets put in their place would kind of justify exactly how the Russians feel about the whole situation.

The EU are the only ones trying to calm things and REALLY follow diplomacy but are being ignored / shouted down by the US and UK aggressors.

The Russians are far from perfect but don't think for one minute that we are the "good guys"........

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
8 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:
Fife saw off the Romans. We don’t need the rest of the country anyway. 

Didn't Largs take the Vikings single handed ?

Only because the Kilbirnie boys marched over from Place Castle.

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I can see the Russians point though, they always saw the Crimea as Russian and the majority there wanted to be Russian, over and above this we have NATO surrounding them in the Baltic states, Poland etc with American led "war games" taking place increasingly more often over the past couple of years. 

The fact that the legally elected leader of the Ukraine was overthrown by western jiggery pokerry and a succession of corrupt Washington puppets put in their place would kind of justify exactly how the Russians feel about the whole situation.

The EU are the only ones trying to calm things and REALLY follow diplomacy but are being ignored / shouted down by the US and UK aggressors.

The Russians are far from perfect but don't think for one minute that we are the "good guys"........

I've seen movies about the US fighting the Russians and the Russians are definitely the baddies. Drago had a treadmill and PEDs and Rocky only had a side of beef. Then Rocky teamed up with the mujahideen and took out a whole Rusky tank batallion with some horses, rifles and a bow and arrow. 

I expect this is probably more intellectually rigourous than Fox news' take anyway.