Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Why didn't you buy a ticket before getting on the train?

The ticket machine got blown up.

Aye, right..

5760.jpg?width=780&quality=45&auto=forma

I've been in a few UK train stations that looked like that on a Monday morning.

Multiple sources saying Russia dropped cluster bombs in residential areas of Kharkiv at the same time the "peace" talks started in Belarus on the 28th.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Is anyone actually turning up for these briefings? Although there are probably still people dying and just isn't reported any more.

For the number of people who would still be watching them she could do them in front of a Soviet flag and I doubt there would be any complaints.

8 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Russian business TV get an analyst on to discuss the stock market.

I absolutely lost it at the moment where he drunk from the bottle and followed up with very satisfying 'ahhhh', all while the presenter is trying her best to keep things normal.

12 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Russian business TV get an analyst on to discuss the stock market.

Have to say, I laughed when he took a swig.

And the expression on her face.

Edited by beefybake

This is an interesting read about a pretty mundane matter but perhaps give some insight into the state of the Russian forces. I must admit to finding this detail fascinating- all the little things that can hamper something like this. 

His Twitter thread is worth a read if you are a bit of a geek for this stuff

36 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

I absolutely lost it at the moment where he drunk from the bottle and followed up with very satisfying 'ahhhh', all while the presenter is trying her best to keep things normal.

Given what tends to happen to outspoken journalists in that part of the world, hopefully he stays no higher than the first floor of his apartment building.

FM7NforWQAAKSul?format=png&name=small

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Orban now coming out saying something along the lines of "peace is the answer" and talking of supporting the Ukrainian refugees.

Wasn't fucking that when the poor Syrians had their homeland bombed to oblivion and were fleeing for safety, came across Hungary and were treated worse than shit. 

He also didn't say anything against Putin at all, fucking  coward. 

6 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Orban now coming out saying something along the lines of "peace is the answer" and talking of supporting the Ukrainian refugees.

Wasn't fucking that when the poor Syrians had their homeland bombed to oblivion and were fleeing for safety, came across Hungary and were treated worse than shit. 

He also didn't say anything against Putin at all, fucking  coward. 

I dunno, you're making it sound like the guy might be a bit of a racist here.

Sure that's not what you had in mind. Hungary seems like they have such a tolerant society.