Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

Jeesus fucking christ.

Not sure what has made me more angry. The harrowing accounts of Ukrainian women being raped, tortured, and then murdered in front of their children, or some hapless fucking BBC news reporter, asking a former Ukrainian Prime Minister, if Europe should now stop buying oil and gas from Russia.

Fucking hell.

15 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Hungary looking set to pay Rubles for Russian gas...

No fucking shock there since all the idiots voted Orban again. He's been playing the "it's all someone else's fault" for years, driven away a major European University, spanked Public money on vanity projects and used mass propaganda against the LBGQ community. If Putin needs taken out, this fucking p***k is next on the list for me.

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

The ironic thing about the Secret Bunker is that after a certain time, the signs for it just stop. Only found it by sheer luck in the end. 

There’s another nuclear bunker under what is now nice flats (the ones where BRE and Falky lived) in Pitreavie. 

21 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

No fucking shock there since all the idiots voted Orban again. He's been playing the "it's all someone else's fault" for years, driven away a major European University, spanked Public money on vanity projects and used mass propaganda against the LBGQ community. If Putin needs taken out, this fucking p***k is next on the list for me.

Leon Goretzka getting it right up their goons was one of the highlights of the Euros.

7 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Maybe they already did?

I woke up the other Saturday after having a nightmare that a Russian missile heading for Faslane had run out of juice and belly flopped into a field near Coatbridge.

Too much dark rum on the Friday night clearly. 

Slightly off topic, but for clarity, I'd prefer it if no city was turned into a sheet of glass, but if one must be sacrificed, and if there was a poll, I'd vote for Dundee.  If the net was spread more widely than cities, I'd probably be suggesting Dunfermline, but it's a bit close to Edinburgh. 
On a serious note, we have visited the "Secret Bunker" in Fife which should be required viewing for any pro-nuclear weapons nutjobs.  The thing that probably hit me hardest were that apart from the obvious reason for having weapons there - to defend it from locals desperately trying to get in before it was sealed - they were also there to give the staff a humane end if/when the entrance was blocked by debris, trapping them 100 feet underground with no hope of escape. 
The "civil defence" films along the "Protect and Survive" theme were so bad they were almost funny.  Well worth a visit, but if you go, give it plenty of time and try not to have nightmares given that many of the weapons they were 'preparing' for are now decades out if date. 
Nuking Fife or Ayrshire might improve them.

Do your research people, oh and here's a little theory with zero evidence I dreamt up for you in the meantime!

If it so happens that it eventually emerges that the Ukrainian National Police murdered Ukrainian civilians for the crime of allegedly collaborating with the Russians during their brief occupation of Bucha....

https://www.rt.com/russia/553293-bucha-war-crimes-truth/

Edited by welshbairn

The Russian rouble has recovered much of the ground it had lost after Russia attacked Ukraine in February. It was trading at 82.52 roubles to the dollar at 1323 GMT on April 6, compared with 81.41 roubles on Feb. 23, the day before the invasion began.

Those economic sanctions have arguably had a worse effect on us than Russia. Putin is stronger politically now than when this kicked off.