Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

In other Russian news, Prigozhin has been taking potshots at the Russian MoD and Shiogu in particular, accusing them of limiting equipment going to Wagner, including ammunition.  It seems that Prigozhin is being punished by the Russian military establishment for his outspoken criticism of them.  Similarly, not much has been heard from Kadyrov recently, he was previously pretty loud in his criticism of Shiogu and Gerasimov.  Gerasimov is now back in charge of the war effort with the previous commander Surovikin seemingly demoted, despite him having success in stabilising the Russian forces.

Putin claims that Kherson is part of Russia, the collaborator governor was quoted today saying Russia would return. Meanwhile, Russian forces shelled the city today, killing six civilians. Extremely graphic photos on the tweet below, I will hide.

3 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

By jings Vlad the Pute's audience for his State of the Nation Address looked bored beyond human understanding, all the while trying not to look it

Looked to me like they were terrified of accidentally making the wrong expression on camera. There must have been a camera on overhead wires zooming around them for close ups.

19 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Looked to me like they were terrified of accidentally making the wrong expression on camera. There must have been a camera on overhead wires zooming around them for close ups.

I remember reading an anecdote in The Gulag Archipelago where Stalin was making some speech....the ovation went on for ten or fifteen minutes until a local party chief eventually took the initiative and sat down. He got lifted that night by the NKVD and was told "Never stop clapping first..." Probably similar vibes in Russia at the moment. A sure recipe for falling out a window would likely to be caught on camera giving it

Shrug Gif - GIFcen

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Igor thinks the Russian attack is starting.

image.png.5731ed5b7466187bce7caeda9bdb931a.png

It’s hilarious that they think switching off the mobile internet will help, in that you use the pings of the phones to local towers to locate stuff, not who’s browsing Siberian Girls Gone Wild.