Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

All aboard this unstoppable momentum for Knutsen to become our manager

There is Nor-way we can turn it down 

#bantz 

This train will need a bogbrush*, so count me in...

*Although, I don't think I've ever seen a bogbrush on a train and I've travelled the world on trains (well part of the world at least)

Edited by Bogbrush1903

Interview questions for new hire:

1-What sort of player plays in the full back positions? 

(if they say "full backs" , go to q2, if not, thank them for their time) 

2-what's better, goals or possession? 

(if "goals" , proceed) 

3-how do you say definitely? 

(if "definately" punch in face and throw out, otherwise proceed) 

If more than one candidate remains, hire the one with the best name. 

27 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I don't think there's any chance at all he leaves us. Turned down Bradford when Hopkin went, normally I'd be expecting people to move upwards but Martindale could genuinely be here for the next 10/15 years without much worry. He's proven himself to be one of the better managers in this league now too.

Aye, he definitely seems quite happy and content where he is. I don't think he gets enough credit for what he is achieving, maybe down to his "personality".

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Tarapoa is a good c**t

Someone else certainly called him a gammon. Guessing he just replied to your message as a whole rather than multi-quoting several posts.

Thanks MR - some would say one of those two words was true anyway.

..........and apologies to the hormonally imbalanced buddie for my lack of multi-quote skills and pinning the hurtful gammon slur on them.

Goodwin will be our next manager according to one or two ITK types around the city.  I still remember the whole South Stand singing 'Goodwin Get To F**k' during a midweek LC tie around a decade or so back - I think that was backhanded respect, rather than the version Glass got at Dens Park and Fir Park.

Edited by tarapoa

15 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Well I’m going to watch the Super Bowl and then, unlike Amy, I’m off to rehab for at least a month tomorrow. emoji22.png
Fucked up badly, so new manager is really the least of my concerns until March!

Good luck mate. A good piece of advice someone told me: If you're going through hell, keep going.

Which is what, exactly? 
Bearing in mind it's already been said that this is the highest wage bill ever at St Mirren, they're a "top four" club and Goodwin is the highest paid manager in your clubs history. 
Your last manager got the bullet for being 3rd for years in a row. There is no potential to make Aberdeen any better than that. Jim may fail with St Mirren but he has potential to overachieve. Anything less than 3rd at aberdeen is failure and they can't go any higher. He can overachieve at St Mirren and increase his standing. Aberdeen is a dead end job.

1 minute ago, NorthBank said:

Your last manager got the bullet for being 3rd for years in a row. There is no potential to make Aberdeen any better than that. Jim may fail with St Mirren but he has potential to overachieve. Anything less than 3rd at aberdeen is failure and they can't go any higher. He can overachieve at St Mirren and increase his standing. Aberdeen is a dead end job.

You realise Derek McInnes got plenty of offers to leave Aberdeen for other clubs don't you? 

Like, he was getting approached by EFL Championship sides and Rangers. Its not as if clubs don't go for an Aberdeen manager if they do well, he simply decided not to leave.

2 minutes ago, NorthBank said:
2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:
Which is what, exactly? 
Bearing in mind it's already been said that this is the highest wage bill ever at St Mirren, they're a "top four" club and Goodwin is the highest paid manager in your clubs history. 

Not being funny, but even that first sentence is riddled with holes.