Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

I actually think Goodwin plays a worse brand of football than Jack Ross. Neither are renown for pretty stuff, tho. 

This is what I'm not getting by the club. Set out all these tenets for the football operation, employ a guy who to be fair, tried his best to deliver it- I just don't think the squad was anywhere near good enough to do it. Now, we're looking to employ two managers known for their pragmatism? 

I just da get it tbh. Why even ask the Q to KK if we don't have a shortlist of KK style coaches on the continent to work down? He's pretty high profile, the club surely have knowledge of Scandinavian and continental markets regarding managers? Is there a coach from America with experience who we could entice? 

I am repeating myself but I can't think about anything else until we get a new manager. 

Do you have any real reason to think we don't? 

9 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Saints fans better get the brave face on if the water cooler gossip in Aberdeen is to be believed 

We’re offering the job to Jim Goodwin, hope to have it tied up by close of play today 

Sooner the better tbh last thing any club needs is it dragging our over the weekend. We probably have 2 season defining games coming up . We win both of these and  we are well on our way to securing too 6 IMO 

I’ll be sorry to see him go but that’s football. We move on and hopefully find a suitable replacement to continue Jim’s good work so far. 

15 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Saints fans better get the brave face on if the water cooler gossip in Aberdeen is to be believed 

We’re offering the job to Jim Goodwin, hope to have it tied up by close of play today 

I’m not going to lie, the timing of this has the potential to f**k up our season in grand style. If Goodwin leaves at the most important time of the season, then so does all momentum and good form that’s  he’s been building since the turn of the year. 

Its crucial we get the right man to take his place, has to be Jack Ross for me. 

32 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Won’t need a brave face on. Been supporting us since 1976. Last time I genuinely needed a brave face on was when Sir Grumpy Nuts left us in controversial circumstances. What he achieved with us, with Aberdeen, and with Manchester United was incredible. He was special.

After that, I’ve lost count. Jim Clunie was good, Ricky McFarlane, Davie Hay, the Fitzy & Frankie Boy showstopping dream-team, Alex Miller, Alex Smith & James Bone Esq, Oran Kearney, Alan Stubbs, Jack Ross, Jim Goodwin, Gary Teale thrown in, Tommy Craig, Ian Murray, Danny Lennon, Gus, Alex Rae…. and everyone else.

St Mirren are still here, I’m still here, life goes on. 😀

Edited by pozbaird

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

I’m not going to lie, the timing of this has the potential to f**k up our season in grand style. If Goodwin leaves at the most important time of the season, then so does all momentum and good form that’s  he’s been building since the turn of the year. 

Its crucial we get the right man to take his place, has to be Jack Ross for me. 

I would disagree, JG did good business in the January window, changed the tactics that weren't getting the best out of what we had, has us in our best form of the season, if he goes what is needed is continuity, and obvs. a new guy in as soon as possible because the planning for next season starts soon....

Edited by btb

Folk think Jack Ross will come back need to get real. We are a sadly a step down for him and after his two sacking’s  he won’t need to rush back. Pity this has happened as it will sadly derail what promised to be a great season. Our only hope is we appoint quick and it’s someone with the personality and the knowledge to lift the lads again 

1 hour ago, Yorick said:

Yeah, Goodwin rising star, team are only 5 points away from Ross County in 3rd bottom, how the mighty have fallen! 

It really doesn't appear to take much to be seen as a 'rising star', these days. It"s as if lack of managers out there. Goodwin has achieved little so far this season. St. Mirren could still be relegated yet!

At least with Ross his Sunderland experience is valuable. A failure at a club, can be character building. Adams has good experience too and achieved. Yet Goodwin talk of town, hehe. This is gonna end in tears for Dons. Better off sticking with Robson!

3 minutes ago, Sonam said:

Also wonder why the rush? Why not give Robson a couple of weeks, see how that goes and do thorough search? Panic in Aberdeen it seems! All for Goodwin!!? A rookie!

You need to decide between a question mark or an exclamation mark or it looks like the bbc green ink comment section. 

4 minutes ago, Sonam said:

Also wonder why the rush? Why not give Robson a couple of weeks, see how that goes and do thorough search? Panic in Aberdeen it seems! All for Goodwin!!? A rookie!

You seem very fucking concerned 

We’re touched by your interest but please don’t let it spoil your weekend 

Folk think Jack Ross will come back need to get real. We are a sadly a step down for him and after his two sacking’s  he won’t need to rush back. Pity this has happened as it will sadly derail what promised to be a great season. Our only hope is we appoint quick and it’s someone with the personality and the knowledge to lift the lads again 
St Mirren manager is a step down from unemployment. Heard it all now !

12 minutes ago, Sonam said:

6 years in management is a strange definition of “rookie”.

Maybe the saltiness of the tears is affecting you?