Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, gudge1903 said:

That table shows if AFC and Edinburgh clubs are honest that Motherwell deserve a hell of a lot more respect and credit than we all currently give them.

Edit to say - it shows how a well run club can seriously punch above it weight in finances, definitely deserve more credit than the three of us.

All probably achieved on a budget of a third of the other 3s average. 

How much credit should go to Alan Burrows? (sure that's the guy) Maybe he's the man bigger clubs should be chasing?

I think it's safe to say the groundwork and sea change from how the club worked happened under Dempster. Burrows built his own reputation in media and absorbed as much as he could. When she went to Hibs, Alan was given the "general manager" title (partly due to the jump and his age), within a few years it was Chief Exec and full voting powers at director level.

Knowing of him what I do I think he would have eyes on Doncaster's job or SFA Chief Exec as there he would have a genuine chance to improve things for the general good of the game in the country even though he could probably realise a bigger salary elsewhere.

As for the hate about our admin, Boyle was an excitable fellow and built a multi million pound company from nothing. That plus the the ITV Digital money (as promised) heightened his plan to awaken the Lanarkshire sleeping giant. Maybe because the Buddies were serial 2nd tier languishers at that time they were unaffected. If they were good enough to be in the top division then they may have got their fingers burned too as many of us did, however it manifested itself with us and the SPL as it was didn't have the robust penalties they have now.

Edited by Kapowzer

To be honest, the more I think about it, the more I think Solskjaer would be an excellent appointment. His record with Molde was pretty outstanding, like after his first spell there he was at least looked on as favourably as Knutsen is right now.

Also his win percentage at Man Utd is 3rd only to Ferguson and Mourinho at 54.2%.

Maybe get Fergie to take him for a visit this weekend eh?

7 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

To be honest, the more I think about it, the more I think Solskjaer would be an excellent appointment. His record with Molde was pretty outstanding, like after his first spell there he was at least looked on as favourably as Knutsen is right now.

Also his win percentage at Man Utd is 3rd only to Ferguson and Mourinho at 54.2%.

Maybe get Fergie to take him for a visit this weekend eh?

He doesn't need the money and he hates the ****. Sounds legit.

If ole was announced at the correct time to maximize the bounce both on and off the park, it would for his first season anyway, boost season tickets sales. Would give Dave and his American buddies a good idea how achievable 15000+ season tickets would be.

Usual suspect gets it and we will be sticking around 10000 until they prove to be shite or amazing.

AFC seems to have always had a disconnect with the fans. Ole for the first 8 months to a year would definitely give fans relations a boost. 

Be good to find out if he has seriously applied or if it's just internet mischief making up their with yerdas selsavon.

What is often overlooked is that in the ENTIRE history of the Scottish top flight only The Old Firm, Edinburgh duo and Aberdeen have accumulated more points. That is a FACT. So we are the 6th most successful club. 
This winds up fans of diddies like St Mirren who then try and factor in Renfrewshire cups etc. It is painful to watch quite frankly. 
......and in living memory its St Mirren 2 major trophies to Motherwells 1 so no you are not more successful. No Brucie for you boys as points simply don't win you prizes in this game and that stat will never ever bother us as it's trophies that count.

Just now, gudge1903 said:

If ole was announced at the correct time to maximize the bounce both on and off the park, it would for his first season anyway, boost season tickets sales. Would give Dave and his American buddies a good idea how achievable 15000+ season tickets would be.

Usual suspect gets it and we will be sticking around 10000 until they prove to be shite or amazing.

AFC seems to have always had a disconnect with the fans. Ole for the first 8 months to a year would definitely give fans relations a boost. 

Be good to find out if he has seriously applied or if it's just internet mischief making up their with yerdas selsavon.

I think it came from an opinion piece from Charlie Nicholas?

I'm mid forties, but a name like that and my boys and daughter would be bouncing all over the house if that kind of name was announced. More so than a Knutsen, Dal Tomason or Wicky. 

Just imagine - hey kids, Man United's last manager has rocked up at Aberdeen to manage us.

Kids - bedlam and screaming nonsense about us going to win champs league 

Me - shit, this is all gonnae go wrong. Calm Doon!!

9 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

I think it came from an opinion piece from Charlie Nicholas?

It did come from Nicholas. I was actually thinking about Ole. If he wanted to get back into management he’s not going to get a gig in England after united and Cardiff. To get back into management it would have to be a club similar to ours I reckon. 

Don’t think for a second he has applied but it’s maybe not as mental as I first thought if he actually wants to make a go of football management again! 

If he has actually applied I don’t think their is a decision to make! The lift he would give the club would be ridiculous and regardless what people would say he would get bums on seats! 

Edited by BrendanGalloway

30 minutes ago, gudge1903 said:

It is no more mental than going for that Knudsen character, given they’re past the Euro groups (having pumped Roma) and we’ve not got near that level.

Add in the fact Fergie is, by chance, up next week to have a word.

No doubt it’ll just make the inevitable Goodwin/Ross appointment even more of a sore one though.

I would, under any ordinary circumstances, rule Solskjaer out as completely and utterly unrealistic. However, if there was ever going to be a manager who would take a job they didn't actually want purely because Sir Alex Ferguson did it before them, it is absolutely him. 

I think it’s a fine appointment if it’s Goodwin

Us fans know f**k all really 

I remember being buzzing when we hired Mark McGhee and it was the most disastrous appointment in the clubs history 

I also remember being really pissed off when we hired McInnes but less than a year later there was 43,000 Aberdeen fans at a cup final watching us win a trophy 

Radical idea, let’s just park the negativity and give whoever it is a fair crack of the whip 

After Glass I'm absolutely terrified about who Cormack is going to appoint. Usual suspect that I have to try and explain who they are and try  sell that appointment to my kids or a big-ish name that'll come in and probably flop, and try to explain that to the kids. 

Was easier before I was a dad and it was only my own disappointment I had to manage.

22 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I think it’s a fine appointment if it’s Goodwin

Us fans know f**k all really 

I remember being buzzing when we hired Mark McGhee and it was the most disastrous appointment in the clubs history 

I also remember being really pissed off when we hired McInnes but less than a year later there was 43,000 Aberdeen fans at a cup final watching us win a trophy 

Radical idea, let’s just park the negativity and give whoever it is a fair crack of the whip 

I remember being furious about McGhee getting the job because I wanted Craig fucking Levein 🤣