Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Sheep62 said:

But, but, but Goodwin will still be St Mirren manager at the end of the season.

Must pop o'er to the St Mirren topic to see what those guys are saying now 

Nobody said the first line, while everyone in the St Mirren topic wishes him well.

You really shouldn't judge the perniciousness of opposition fans based on your own support.. ;)

19 minutes ago, Ric said:

Nobody said the first line, while everyone in the St Mirren topic wishes him well.

You really shouldn't judge the perniciousness of opposition fans based on your own support.. ;)

You sure about your facts there Ricardo ?

I didn't have to go back too far in the St Mirren topic to find otherwise 😉

I look forward to the inevitable Ric Thread tonight, asking if it's legal for clubs to tap up managers. Followed by him being called a fanny by everyone.

Thread concludes with Ric telling everyone he was trolling, that they should stop being so upset and a "😉" emoji.

8 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

🤣🤣

Not sure why the laughing, your club is bound by the legal process as much as ours.

They may know a ballpark figure regarding what he wants in terms of wages (ballpark, not specific), what will not be known is what in terms of structure he wants.

You seem to think this would all be public knowledge already, but it simply couldn't be, legally.

6 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

You sure about your facts there Ricardo ?

I didn't have to go back too far in the St Mirren topic to find otherwise 😉

I said I believed he would still be in charge at end of season, just my feeling rather than based on any knowledge but always caveated that with being OK with it if he wasn't.

As it stands, it seemingly is a done deal so we'll move on. No gnashing of teeth or wailing here, I'll save that incase whoever we replace him with is a diddy.

Surprised that Aberdeen have gone for Goodwin tbh - what has he actually achieved at St Mirren ? Couldn’t get us into the top 6 last year and this year prior to recent good run of half a dozen games had us on a winless run of 11 games .

Will make Aberdeen tougher and hard to beat but if it is free flowing attacking football you are after then forget it. Probably more concerned about who he will poach in summer. Alnwick, Gogic and Greive will be on his radar I’m sure. 

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

@McG is very quiet this afternoon.

He had plenty to say about Dundee’s managerial merry-go-round, but oddly quiet today.

Dundee's merry go round is infinitely more funny than ours though.

That has potential to change of course but unless we go for a comedy appointment like Barry Ferguson or Peter Grant, I don't quite see how.

8 minutes ago, coprolite said:

071e7b66.gif.f39dd78eb6b862f87cc1193b3d4d5223.gif

I actually do, far more than people would expect. I worked in the legal industry on and off for about 7 years.

However, the meme is moot, there is no debating on the matter, contracts exist specifically to stop managers talking to other clubs.