Doonhamers vs. Red Lichties

fantastic goal-line clearance from Ricky Little in the final minutes.  Arbroath seemed second best for much of this but we battled away. didn't create much and didnt make the most of the few opportunities that came our way. Queens looked solid at the back and created more openings and will be disappointed with only a point. Glad to avoid being at the wrong end of a 'new manager bounce' and when we were without a few key players.   i thought the commentary on the stream decent and very fair.   The pitch looked a bit too lively

I thought Donnelly was hopeless up front but much better when he dropped back into midfield.

I don’t understand why we signed two new strikers, gave one 10 minutes and kept the other on the bench when we were struggling up front. Any theories? I was shouting at the telly when we brought Hilson on but to be fair he did ok apart from a horrendous fresh air shot.

Never watched today but it feels like we're running out of steam a little. Two very poor league performances back to back against teams towards the bottom of the league - lucky to have come away with two draws. Two very tough games coming up, season defining I think.

Not complaining, still absolutely delighted with how the season's going and a playoff place would be incredible.

Glad to avoid being at the wrong end of a 'new manager bounce' and when we were without a few key players.

I'd argue you were at the receiving end of the new manager bounce. If AJ was there there's no danger we get a point today - so it's one point for Arbroath rather than a comfortable 3 thanks to WG.

To be gutted we only got a point at home to the best side in the division is an incredible (though frustrating) feeling tonight. In many ways it feels like a victory.

I think even the most tinted specs Arbroath fan would admit they snatched a point today. How we failed to score is unreal - though in their defence, we haven't had much opportunity under AJ for our strikers to sharpen their skills. Absolutely no failures today. Special mention to O'Connor; the boy never lost a header all game. Fitzpatrick looked like the player we need. Got the ball and went forward. Gibson with a bit of a masterstroke relieving him of big defensive duties. McGrory was bossing it in the middle but looked knackered at the end and wee Kieran has instantly earned himself a starting spot. Gibson rightly MotM for me.

I still think our BoD have gave Gibson an impossible task to turn things around but it's so good to see a bit of fight from us and if we continue in that vain for the rest of the season it'll make me at least optimistic for next season regardless of the division we're in.

Better than we've been.

On the strength of the second half, we deserved to win it and were unlucky with the one Gaston touched onto the bar, and obviously with the one headed off the line at the end.

However, draws are not going to be much use to us really.  We were let down on a few occasions by failing to turn great openings into great chances by getting the key pass wrong.  Ultimately, I think that lack of class will be what keeps us bottom, even if we're rejuvenated a bit.

It at least feels less hopeless than it did though.

Better than we've been.
On the strength of the second half, we deserved to win it and were unlucky with the one Gaston touched onto the bar, and obviously with the one headed off the line at the end.
However, draws are not going to be much use to us really.  We were let down on a few occasions by failing to turn great openings into great chances by getting the key pass wrong.  Ultimately, I think that lack of class will be what keeps us bottom, even if we're rejuvenated a bit.
It at least feels less hopeless than it did though.

Agree, in particular think we’re missing something up front. Maybe if Connolly hadn’t gone off injured it might have been different. Cameron played as well as I’ve seen him but think he needs a finisher alongside him. Not sure we have that in the squad.

OK, that’s us tightened up at the back, now for some shooting practice….

Fitzpatrick in the first half and Roy in the last minute both had clear sight of goal and both decided to try to beat another man. And McKechnie put it in about the only place the defender could have cleared.

Plus Gordon’s shot off the bar - a Gaston save?

If this was the first game of the season I’d be feeling confident. However, the way it is we need actual wins. Only 11 games left.

3 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Some save from Gaston. 

Gaston is THE man. Not great from us us but it was always going to be difficult with the players we had out and the new manager bounce for QOS. Take a point TBH.

As poor as we have been all season, players out were missed, nothing stuck up front, Craigen was poor, but how he was subbed before Donnelly was bewildering, a point was probably more than we deserved, but could be vital at the finish

Happy to take a point from that, thought we were pretty poor all over aside from Ricky and Gaston. Queens defended well and probably should have won it at the end. Could be a vital point but we need to be winning our game in hand v Partick.

Big difference today was that the team went out and applied pressure on the opposition rather than sitting back soaking it up for much of the game.  There was a definite new manager bounce, the players seemed to be playing with more energy and confidence and looked like they were playing for the manager.  Weak finishing let us down but at least we created chances and made the opposition defence work for a change.  There is a glimmer of hope.

By the way, Arbroath fans, I saw Bakare play a couple of times down south for Southport a few years ago and he was dung.  I hope for your sakes he has only been signed as a benchfiller to be used as a last resort.